PDA

View Full Version : [REL] Battle stations & Silent Running on all HUD stations

Iceberg
03-27-07, 05:46 PM
I made this small mod after forgetting my crew at battle stations for a couple of in-game days! Boy did they get tired!

So now, no matter what station is displayed on the HUD, I always have Battle stations and Silent running visible so I can't forget them!

If it can be of use to you too. Enjoy.
(Green buttons not included! Love them, thanks jimimadrid.)

JSGME compatible.

Get it here. << Updated for Version 1.2 (http://pages.videotron.com/iceberg7/bs_silrun_all_menus_1_2.rar)

http://pages.videotron.com/iceberg7/bs_silrun_all_menus.jpg
(Screenshot does not represent the new menu of V1.2 but you get the idea! ;))

Iceberg.

OneTinSoldier
03-27-07, 05:58 PM
Pretty cool Iceberg. I'm sure as lot of people will like that. :up:

I simply made a made a keyboard shortcut in the 'commands.cfg' file to toggle Battlestations on and off, Shift+B...

[Cmd436]
Name=Toggle_battle_stations
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x42,s,"SHIFT B"

But you mod is much nicer of course because it shows up in green whether or not it's on. :)

Downloaded. :rock:

NefariousKoel
03-27-07, 08:07 PM
Excellent.

I always get paranoid that one of those are on and this'll keep me from constantly clicking the various areas.

Thanks!

Tigrone
03-28-07, 01:04 AM
I recall from earlier games that often the very first reaction mods where the best and were the ones you always keep. They are usually very practical, and this definitely is. Well done!

CaptainCox
03-28-07, 01:13 AM
Great work and very very useful. Cheers Man!

Crosseye76
03-28-07, 01:23 AM
Neat idea, good work Iceberg ! :rock:

clayton
03-28-07, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the great mod. :up:
Hope to see it in the RFB mod...

Redwine
03-28-07, 05:54 AM
Wonderful ! :up:

Von Hinten
03-28-07, 06:43 AM
Very useful, thanks for this one. :cool:

birdy
03-28-07, 03:11 PM
great mod:D :D
but how do i install it?? i downloaded JSGME but i dont get how to use it.
help pls
thx

Iceberg
03-28-07, 05:24 PM
Well, I'm glad you like it everybody! :D

@birdy To use JSGME, just put it in the folder where you installed the game. Then you create a folder named "Mods" in that same folder (maybe JSGME creates it on first run I'm not sure). In that Mods folder is where you put all your mods. In the case of my mod it would look like:
...\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific\Mods\bs_silrun_all_menus\
If you look inside the "data" folder in "bs_silrun_all_menus" you will notice the folder names are in the same order as in the "data" folder directly in your Silent Hunter directory! Then run JSGME and enable the mod. Now what JSGME does is it takes my file and replaces the one in your game (and creates a very very very nice backup of your original file for you!) So you can add and remove mods very easily. It even tells you if there's a conflict between mods.
Just make sure that when you put something in your Mods folder it's like:
...\Mods\bs_silrun_all_menus\data\...
and not like:
...\Mods\bs_silrun_all_menus\something_else\data\. ..

Hope this helps!

Fercyful
03-28-07, 06:43 PM
great idea! thanks will use it :arrgh!:

jimimadrid
03-31-07, 05:30 PM
very good and usefull idea. Thanks.

Egan
04-01-07, 07:14 AM
Great mod. Well done.:up: The best mods are always the little functional ones aren' they? make life so much easier!

Could I suggest adding the damage repair toggle to all stations as well - could be useful in a tight scrape.

OS1Mac
04-01-07, 08:02 AM
Great mod! Thanks!

ReallyDedPoet
04-01-07, 08:07 AM
Nice addition:yep:

E.Hartmann
04-01-07, 04:51 PM
How about the two blank buttons I have? Does anyone else have this? Its weather and a nother one I can't remember. There is no icon but the mouse over tells you what it is.

**UPDATE**

I installed the mod but it deleted the navigator buttons for range and range at speed. These are the blanks buttons and when I removed this mod, they came back.

Mast
04-01-07, 05:04 PM
Nice, I like it! :up:

Mast

richoahu
04-15-07, 02:23 PM
i installed jsme into the game directory. i then ran the progrm. had it make a snapshot of the files.

so i thought i was going to be ok!! so then i went to get my first mob, this one to place the silent run and battlstations on all menues. well i downloaded it into the mod file. but when i run jsme it doesn't list any mods to use.

what am i missing? i will try another mod as well.

Iceberg
04-15-07, 03:19 PM
@richoahu

Have you extracted the file you have downloaded or have you just put the compressed rar file in the mods directory?

JSGME does not extract the files from compressed archives. That part you have to do yourself.

Take a look at this message (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=476585&postcount=48) for more details on the file structure to use for JSGME.

Oh and one more thing, JSGME does not refresh automatically which means, if you add stuff to the mods directory, just close and restart JSGME and it will see the new mods.

richoahu
04-15-07, 03:48 PM
okies, i got them to show up. they needed "folders". but now when i move them to "active" then run the game nothing is diferent in the game. only one mod came zipped. and i just unziped it and placed the entire folder in mods. thats how i saw all the other mods needed folders.

example, the greenlamp.rar didn't come compressed..at least i don't think it is. at first i just dropped it in the mods folder, ran the jsme and nothing there. so now i made a folder called "greenlamp" dropped the rar file into it and now i can see it in jsme, but when i run the game, nothing has changed.

i think i am almost there, just missing something small, i hope!

7Enigma
04-15-07, 04:29 PM
okies, i got them to show up. they needed "folders". but now when i move them to "active" then run the game nothing is diferent in the game. only one mod came zipped. and i just unziped it and placed the entire folder in mods. thats how i saw all the other mods needed folders.

example, the greenlamp.rar didn't come compressed..at least i don't think it is. at first i just dropped it in the mods folder, ran the jsme and nothing there. so now i made a folder called "greenlamp" dropped the rar file into it and now i can see it in jsme, but when i run the game, nothing has changed.

i think i am almost there, just missing something small, i hope!
The .rar extension is a compressed Winrar file, very similar to a .zip file you're probably familiar with. You need to download (free) Winrar:

http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar362.exe

Just install Winrar and then you can double-click on the mods and it will open the compressed files. Then you can drag the data folder into the Mods folder in the SH4 directory. Basically you did everything right except uncompress the file.

HTH

richoahu
04-15-07, 10:51 PM
that did it!!!

thank you very much!

Iceberg
04-17-07, 06:38 PM
Updated for V1.2.

Click here to download. (http://pages.videotron.com/iceberg7/bs_silrun_all_menus_1_2.rar)

Enjoy! :)

Let me know if you have any issues.

OS1Mac
04-18-07, 07:21 PM
Love this mod! Thanks!

Redwine
04-18-07, 07:46 PM
Updated for V1.2.

Click here to download. (http://pages.videotron.com/iceberg7/bs_silrun_all_menus_1_2.rar)

Enjoy! :)

Let me know if you have any issues.
Hey... Iceberg, i have it installed into V1.2 and working fine :hmm:, but i used your previous version ...:)

Are there any changes into the mod ?

BBury
04-18-07, 07:49 PM
I'm using the previous one as well in 1.2 with no problems. I also would like to know what's changed if anything.

Iceberg
04-18-07, 09:10 PM
I had to make a new one for version 1.2 because some buttons on the HUD have been added with the patch 1.2.

By looking in the cfg file, I can tell you that 1.2 adds a button to access the Torpedo loadout screen from the Navigation map menu and it adds a button to access the Attack Map and one to access the Torpedo loadout screen from the Periscope menu.

So using my mod for 1.1 works well with 1.2 but you're missing those new buttons from 1.2!

The mod itself has not changed, it still adds the same 2 buttons on every menu.

Ziem
04-19-07, 03:07 AM
Iceberg, Thanks for your mod. Great addition. FYI I also added the the damage team to all bars because sometimes I forgot to tell them to stand down, got a lot of complaints from the crew for that.. :D

Z.

Fercyful
04-19-07, 03:38 PM
thanks for the update! :up:

:arrgh!:

bruschi sauro
04-24-07, 04:47 AM
thank mate for the job.:ping:

Redwine
04-24-07, 07:59 AM
I had to make a new one for version 1.2 because some buttons on the HUD have been added with the patch 1.2.

By looking in the cfg file, I can tell you that 1.2 adds a button to access the Torpedo loadout screen from the Navigation map menu and it adds a button to access the Attack Map and one to access the Torpedo loadout screen from the Periscope menu.

So using my mod for 1.1 works well with 1.2 but you're missing those new buttons from 1.2!

The mod itself has not changed, it still adds the same 2 buttons on every menu.

Waiting !!

Many thanks for job...

I was looking to change two buttons too, if you look at the deck gun button, it seems more an M-16 :p instead a deck gun, and the button for aim the waterline, seems a half plane instead a ship...