PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Assisted Plotting Mod for SHIV

Church SUBSIM
03-25-07, 12:45 PM
The title says it all .... I love that mod and would love to see it come to life in SHIV.

Many thanks in advance!

gouldjg
03-26-07, 11:18 AM
I will see what I can do over the next few days but i am quite busy.

I have no problems with anyone else duplicating it and calling it something new for sh4. I was two other peoples original ideas that got me to do the first

I have to download all that tool I used last time.

Damn, I written how to do it but I think that may have been in the OLD RUB mod forum.

Please bear with me

Church SUBSIM
03-27-07, 05:35 PM
No problem ... look forward to it's release!

Observer
03-27-07, 11:42 PM
Beta version attached and in need of additional testing. Please also change the thread title.

http://rapidshare.com/files/23129434/Assisted_Plotting_Mod_v1.0.7z.html

Church SUBSIM
03-28-07, 05:17 PM
Loading it up now :sunny:

Well it seems to be working ... several observations:

1) On the 12th step of zoom (going all the way in as far as you can on the boat and stepping back) there is an issue with the map. It does not show the locations of cities/ports properly ... all other zoom levels work great.

2) You do not need to go to the attack map to get the circles to show up - you can simply locate them now on the nav map (which) as I recall in SHIII you needed to go to the attack map to have them be highlighted on the nav map. This is nice as it removes a step.

3) Picks up air craft as well when they are picked up on the radar.

Can not thank you enough for making the effort to do this mod again .... I love playing with this option

Observer
03-28-07, 10:38 PM
Loading it up now :sunny:

Well it seems to be working ... several observations:

1) On the 12th step of zoom (going all the way in as far as you can on the boat and stepping back) there is an issue with the map. It does not show the locations of cities/ports properly ... all other zoom levels work great.

2) You do not need to go to the attack map to get the circles to show up - you can simply locate them now on the nav map (which) as I recall in SHIII you needed to go to the attack map to have them be highlighted on the nav map. This is nice as it removes a step.

3) Picks up air craft as well when they are picked up on the radar.

Can not thank you enough for making the effort to do this mod again .... I love playing with this option

Thanks for giving it a spin. I'll take a look at #1 to see what I can do. No promises though.

EAF274 Johan
04-30-07, 12:02 PM
Excellent mod! :up:

Typo in menu.txt:
820=UKNOWN