PDA

View Full Version : Swastika Mod

hachiman
03-24-07, 07:03 PM
Hi

Is there a mod to add Swastika's to the German Flag?
Or can i just use the mod for SH3 by putting them in the same folder in sh4?

Thanx

JScones
03-24-07, 08:51 PM
No mod is necessary.

Simply rename German.dds and German_m.dds found under both the Textures sub-folders to something else.

BTW, no mod was ever necessary for SH3 either - one simply had to delete the three German tga files under the Textures sub-folders to get the swastikas back. ;)

LZ_Baker
03-24-07, 09:40 PM
Do we change it in both the low and normal resolution folders?

JScones
03-24-07, 09:46 PM
Do we change it in both the low and normal resolution folders?
"...found under both the Textures sub-folders..." ;)

hachiman
03-25-07, 07:40 AM
Ah ok thanx

LZ_Baker
03-25-07, 07:04 PM
LOL ok, thanks alot mate :up:

Soviet_Warlord
03-25-07, 07:26 PM
Just out of curiosity, does this fix the German flag on the recognition manual as well?

XanderF
03-25-07, 07:35 PM
Just out of curiosity, does this fix the German flag on the recognition manual as well?

It doesn't, no.

hachiman
03-26-07, 05:08 PM
As the previous poster mentioned.
Is there a way to Swazzi the RM?

Thanx

walsh2509
03-26-07, 07:03 PM
No mod is necessary.

Simply rename German.dds and German_m.dds found under both the Textures sub-folders to something else.

BTW, no mod was ever necessary for SH3 either - one simply had to delete the three German tga files under the Textures sub-folders to get the swastikas back. ;)

I went into both folders and renamed both files in each, I just changed the G of Greman to a D, that should be enough. But when I went into the ship-rec-manual the flag on the front of the manual for Gernan ships was still the red flag with white circle, nothing had changed.?

Soviet_Warlord
03-26-07, 07:38 PM
I went into both folders and renamed both files in each, I just changed the G of Greman to a D, that should be enough. But when I went into the ship-rec-manual the flag on the front of the manual for Gernan ships was still the red flag with white circle, nothing had changed.?
It doesn't, no.

:p It only changes the flags that appear on ships, not on the RM.

GoldenEagle8
03-26-07, 09:14 PM
Wait, I'm confused, In the museum, the German country catagory brings up Greek Ships:o. And I saw the RM had Germany with the red flag and white circle:confused:. So I am utterly confused.:dead:

Prof
03-27-07, 03:36 AM
Wait, I'm confused, In the museum, the German country catagory brings up Greek Ships:o. And I saw the RM had Germany with the red flag and white circle:confused:. So I am utterly confused.:dead:The German armed merchant raider has a Greek flag because it's disguised :) Nice touch, if you ask me!

JScones
03-27-07, 03:41 AM
Wait, I'm confused, In the museum, the German country catagory brings up Greek Ships:o. And I saw the RM had Germany with the red flag and white circle:confused:. So I am utterly confused.:dead:The German armed merchant raider has a Greek flag because it's disguised :) Nice touch, if you ask me!
Yeah, threw me at first too.

@walsh2509: I simply renamed to zGerman.dds and zGerman_m.dds with perfect results. :yep:

GoldenEagle8
03-27-07, 04:22 PM
even still though, in my manual, the Germans aren't even there, there are the Greeks, and no mention of any Germans:-? I need some help, my head is starting to hurt....