PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Possible sound mod?

fullmetaledges
03-20-07, 03:08 PM
I do not have the game yet so don't kill me on this but I heard that the games crew sound exactly as they did in sh3. If that is the case could someone make a mod just using the sh1 crew sounds. If I remember correctly they were pretty good and there was a sound for pretty much everything but sonar if I can remember correctly. Maybe thats an easy sound fix?

Kruger
03-20-07, 03:13 PM
I too, believe that a sound mod is the first thing we shall need.

AS
03-20-07, 05:28 PM
I´m really disappointed because it seems SH4 uses exactly the same sounds as SH3. Now maybe they were just placeholders, but in the vids I´ve seen it all sounded all too common. I also doubt that 4 American Gato diesels sound the same like 2 German MAN!!! Any information on that? Cheers, AS (Got my 50 bucks ready and waiting)

Sailor Steve
03-20-07, 05:32 PM
I've been planning all along to convert the Pacific Aces sounds for SH4, just as I did the Das Boot Sound Mod sounds for SH3. If someone else beats me to it I won't cry a bit, as it may be some time before I am in a position to even think about it.

fullmetaledges
03-20-07, 05:46 PM
sounds good as the sounds really do make a difference.

Barkhorn1x
03-20-07, 07:55 PM
I've been planning all along to convert the Pacific Aces sounds for SH4, just as I did the Das Boot Sound Mod sounds for SH3. If someone else beats me to it I won't cry a bit, as it may be some time before I am in a position to even think about it.

Good news.

CCIP
03-20-07, 07:58 PM
Steve, that'd be excellent. I wish I had Pacific Aces - some sounds from there would be really helpful.

I never had SHII - did it have voice files as well?
I get the feeling that the somewhat more sparse speech environment in SHIV (yes, the crew is a bit quieter than SHIII) could use some 'spicing up'. The voices aren't bad-sounding, but there's not really much 'flavour' in them so to speak - in terms of expressiveness or accent.

I've already ported a lot of misc sounds over from GWX for myself...

Sockeye
03-20-07, 09:12 PM
I've still got my SH1 disks here, so when SH4 arrives here, I'll take a look at the sounds for conversion. Or like Steve said, if someone beats me to it... oh well :D

I think I remember them being in .wav format when I checked them out about a year ago just for ol' times' sake.

Just a matter of turning them into .ogg files, yes?

fullmetaledges
03-21-07, 12:59 AM
not sure, from watching neals attack video it would seem when you order a course change they just say yes sir instead of repeating the command like in sh1 for example "coming to course 2-3-5 aye aye sir."

simsurfer
03-21-07, 02:13 AM
As for me I liked it when they repeated the orders as they did in SH1, a lot more realistic than just eye eye sir.

BOF
03-21-07, 02:45 AM
Most of the effects and environmental sounds have the same file name as in SH3 so I am using the modded sounds made for SH3 in SH4.

Of course except the sounds sampled from Das Boot, though they are cool, it sounds a bit strange when the crew speaks German in an American sub.

BOF

fullmetaledges
03-21-07, 03:33 AM
Most of the effects and environmental sounds have the same file name as in SH3 so I am using the modded sounds made for SH3 in SH4.

Of course except the sounds sampled from Das Boot, though they are cool, it sounds a bit strange when the crew speaks German in an American sub.

BOF Yeah bad for morale I bet, probobly would give the guy a one way ticket to davey jones locker

Günther Hessler
03-21-07, 05:45 AM
Im on it Gentleman. I'll storm the GameStop/EbGames store today to get my hands on a copy.

I've got the (imo) best sounds available for SH3 (a former Member of AOTD will agree on that) and ill convert them for SH4.

I'll use the PA dive sound for sure too - you know what i mean... (Chief, secure the diesel and dive the ship! :arrgh!:and so on...)