PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Kumando
02-21-07, 02:39 PM
Hi guys, i just installed SC and the upper left informational window that shows speed, course etc is not showing its transparent, im runing the game in windows XP, how can i solve this:-? ?

Pisces
02-21-07, 06:48 PM
Is it not showing at all (no speed,course etc. info for targets), or is it transparent? Can't be both. Anyway, if transparent, I don't see what's wrong. Same here. Why block your view to the map? ... Besides, I love maps. They sooth me! :88)

Kumando
02-21-07, 07:18 PM
Is it not showing at all (no speed,course etc. info for targets), or is it transparent? Can't be both. Anyway, if transparent, I don't see what's wrong. Same here. Why block your view to the map? ... Besides, I love maps. They sooth me! :88)

Its not showing at all:-? .

Bill Nichols
02-22-07, 07:01 AM
Trying to remember Sub Command... if you press F1, do you get a list of keyboard commands? One of those lets you change what info gets displayed.

Pisces
02-22-07, 01:38 PM
I think that's Ctrl-B. Normally the data window shows up when I hover over a contact, and leaves again until I select a contact, then stays. If I press Ctrl-B the windows never shows up. Sounds like you pressed that inadvertantly.

If not, then there's allways the possibility your videocard drivers acting up. But doubtfull if all the rest of the navmap looks normal. If you can post a screenshot that would help make everything clear, I think. If drivers is the problem its allways wise to state your SC version and system specs. Even then it's wiser to post on the sonalyst forum than here.

Trying to remember Sub Command... if you press F1, do you get a list of keyboard commands? One of those lets you change what info gets displayed.Bill, how much have you been playing DW or SC lately? F1 is Helm/cockpit controls.

Bill Nichols
02-22-07, 03:27 PM
I think that's Ctrl-B. Normally the data window shows up when I hover over a contact, and leaves again until I select a contact, then stays. If I press Ctrl-B the windows never shows up. Sounds like you pressed that inadvertantly.

If not, then there's allways the possibility your videocard drivers acting up. But doubtfull if all the rest of the navmap looks normal. If you can post a screenshot that would help make everything clear, I think. If drivers is the problem its allways wise to state your SC version and system specs. Even then it's wiser to post on the sonalyst forum than here.

Trying to remember Sub Command... if you press F1, do you get a list of keyboard commands? One of those lets you change what info gets displayed.Bill, how much have you been playing DW or SC lately? F1 is Helm/cockpit controls.

Oh yes, I play. It's just that I never use the F-keys when I do.
:sunny:

Kumando
02-23-07, 06:02 AM
Thank you all but that did not solve my problem, anyway i cant "get" into this game, it lacks so much immersion and it is a bit boring just staring at 2d screens, since im used to SH3 gameplay. Perhaps the developers of the silent hunter series decide to make a modern based sub sim and turns out to be worthy to play, till then il stick with SH3 and upcoming SH4:up:.

Pisces
02-23-07, 07:09 AM
Too bad. Really, the trick is not just staring at them, but using them all to combine the information into the battlefield picture and choose your actions accordingly. I think this is where the immersion comes in. Not the eye-candy or audio-sweeteners. And the information gathering and TMA process is complicated and enough distraction for me to worry about those things. Let alone the fact that modernday subs rely significantly less on visual contact with the surface than WW2 subs. The focus simply isn't on your eyes. Although I agree, the sound immersion in SC/DW leaves somewhat to be desired. No HFRO atmosphere. But this type of game is your cup-of-tea or it's not. To each his own.

Kumando
02-23-07, 09:41 AM
Too bad. Really, the trick is not just staring at them, but using them all to combine the information into the battlefield picture and choose your actions accordingly. I think this is where the immersion comes in. Not the eye-candy or audio-sweeteners. And the information gathering and TMA process is complicated and enough distraction for me to worry about those things. Let alone the fact that modernday subs rely significantly less on visual contact with the surface than WW2 subs. The focus simply isn't on your eyes. Although I agree, the sound immersion in SC/DW leaves somewhat to be desired. No HFRO atmosphere. But this type of game is your cup-of-tea or it's not. To each his own.

If you only could see people on board, i mean the old 688 game had a graphical representation of the command roomin this game it isnt beliveable that you are really aboard a sub :-? .