PDA

View Full Version : Problems posting & Sending PM's

Reece
01-31-07, 08:58 AM
Hi for some reason I am having posting & sending PM's, if I go over a certain size/number of lines, or add smilies, when sending the post in IE6 the page just goes to the page before the post, & in firefox a page displays:
Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Apache Server at srv01.deepdomain.net Port 80

I hope this goes through as it is getting frustrating, I think I had this before & Gizzmoe told me what to do and it fixed it, just can't remember!:oops:

Onkel Neal
01-31-07, 07:55 PM
Which browser?

Reece
02-01-07, 09:17 PM
Hi Neal, sorry to bother you, it was IE6 & have changed now to Firefox, the problem seemed to have been a combination of a corrup file that I was cutting & pasting from, and IE6, the problem so far has gone,:oops: I should have changed to Firefox a long time ago!with this problem, when I tried preview or submit in IE6 everything I just put in the PM was lost & I had to start all over, (did this for over 2 hours) with Firefox I atleast got the above "Bad Request" page, & I could press the back button & the data was still there!!:yep: Seems the problem is solved! Hey, I didn't know the smilies were animated!!:lol::smug:
Thanks Much for your time.
Cheers,
Reece.

Onkel Neal
02-03-07, 01:20 AM
Good deal, and especially thanks to you for following up with the solution here. Now I can remember this to help others in the future.:yep:

Mush Martin
02-04-07, 08:52 AM
Im not sure why but from the very first the pop up window that advises me I have a pm doesnt connect me with them, I have to hit cancel and go in
through Private messages at the top right to get them.
(non issue for me but I thought Id let you know and I am curious)
MM