PDA

View Full Version : Medieval Total War 2

Tikigod
11-10-06, 08:48 AM
"Minimum System Requirements:

English version of Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP.
Celeron 1.8GHz Pentium 4® (1500MHz) or equivalent AMD® processor.
512MB RAM.
8x Speed DVD-ROM drive (1200KB/sec sustained transfer rate) and latest drivers.
11.0 Gigs of uncompressed free hard disk space. :o
100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers.
100% Windows® 2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers.
DirectX® 9.0c.
128MB Hardware Accelerated video card with Shader 1 support and the latest drivers.
Must be 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible.
Monitor must be able to display 1024x768 resolution or above.

I can't wait to stomp out jihad like I did on the first one.....

HunterICX
11-10-06, 09:22 AM
"Minimum System Requirements:

English version of Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP.
Celeron 1.8GHz Pentium 4® (1500MHz) or equivalent AMD® processor.
512MB RAM.
8x Speed DVD-ROM drive (1200KB/sec sustained transfer rate) and latest drivers.
11.0 Gigs of uncompressed free hard disk space. :o
100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers.
100% Windows® 2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers.
DirectX® 9.0c.
128MB Hardware Accelerated video card with Shader 1 support and the latest drivers.
Must be 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible.
Monitor must be able to display 1024x768 resolution or above.

I can't wait to stomp out jihad like I did on the first one.....

:o Me likey

Dowly
11-10-06, 09:33 AM
The bigger the better!

Is it out yet!!!??? *Drools*

I´m tired of getting my *ss beat off on the Rome TW so I need a change! :rotfl:

mr chris
11-10-06, 10:39 AM
Am really looking forward to this :rock: :rock: :yep: Though im sure at first my ass will be kicked all over the map:damn: I played Rome total war alot but never played with any mods, this is going to sound very sad but i never really knew till now how to install them and use them correctly:oops: :oops: :oops:

HunterICX
11-10-06, 10:57 AM
Am really looking forward to this :rock: :rock: :yep: Though im sure at first my ass will be kicked all over the map:damn: I played Rome total war alot but never played with any mods, this is going to sound very sad but i never really knew till now how to install them and use them correctly:oops: :oops: :oops:

I would kick ur ass in Rome Total War MP my friend :lol:

I never really got my ass kicked by any of the AI players...only by those Eliphant riding fools that I mostly hate when they rumbe into my armies. I can kill them...but I suffer too much losses because the elephant whipe out a Squadron in no time...and after that they come with the long spears and my horses will be sticked on it like kebab!....Meh...I prefer double the size in Barbarian fokes then those Carthans

mr chris
11-10-06, 10:58 AM

I would kick ur ass in MP my friend :lol:

Im sure you would mate. Will have to try it some time:yep: :up:

HunterICX
11-10-06, 11:02 AM

I would kick ur ass in MP my friend :lol:

Im sure you would mate. Will have to try it some time:yep: :up:

Eddited the post above...but yes we can try it sometime....I made Dowly reinstall the game so he could join as well:rock: hehe 1 vs 1 vs 1 ...that must be fun!

mr chris
11-10-06, 11:14 AM
I look forward to it mate:up: Take it easy on me:oops:
Any ideas when Medival TW 2 is out?

Seeadler
11-10-06, 03:08 PM
I play it since Wednesday:D

stabiz
11-10-06, 03:49 PM
It was supposed to be released today in Norway, but I cant find it! :damn:

mr chris
11-10-06, 03:54 PM
I will look for it in the shops tomorrow. I hope its there:yep:

SUBMAN1
11-10-06, 04:34 PM

I would kick ur ass in Rome Total War MP my friend :lol:

I never really got my ass kicked by any of the AI players...only by those Eliphant riding fools that I mostly hate when they rumbe into my armies. I can kill them...but I suffer too much losses because the elephant whipe out a Squadron in no time...and after that they come with the long spears and my horses will be sticked on it like kebab!....Meh...I prefer double the size in Barbarian fokes then those Carthans

Why not get some of your own elephants? :D

Dowly
11-10-06, 10:04 PM
I´m a fan of shiny armors, so the Rome TW was pretty much limited to the Romans for me (Nothing beats few groups of Praetorians marching in formation towards the enemy backed up by some legionaries in turtle formation.)

So, I expect this one to be my new #1 game.

Oh well.... back to kick some Carthagenian butt. :arrgh!:

HunterICX
11-11-06, 07:18 AM
I´m a fan of shiny armors, so the Rome TW was pretty much limited to the Romans for me (Nothing beats few groups of Praetorians marching in formation towards the enemy backed up by some legionaries in turtle formation.)

In my Elephant case, they where flying turtles......
but It seemed that the enemy elephants are a good counter attack too...just put some fire on them and they go into stampede and smash themselfs in the marching enemy troups :rotfl:

mr chris
11-11-06, 07:53 AM
Have just ordered MTW2 should have it in my greasey palms buy the middle of next week:rock: :p

Dowly
11-11-06, 08:10 AM

In my Elephant case, they where flying turtles......
but It seemed that the enemy elephants are a good counter attack too...just put some fire on them and they go into stampede and smash themselfs in the marching enemy troups :rotfl:
But the Romans are too stupid to know how to handle a bow!! :damn:

Maybe I could light some of the civilians from captured villages on fire and sling them out with a catapult. :rotfl:

@MrChris

Same here. Should get it on monday or tuesday. :up:

stabiz
11-11-06, 09:10 AM
I just got home after buying the collectors edition, installing now! :up:

This edition includes maps, tech trees, making of-dvd, the musical score on a seperate cd, a small metal knight and some really good looking artworks on glossy paper.

Dowly
11-11-06, 09:47 AM
I just got home after buying the collectors edition, installing now! :up:

This edition includes maps, tech trees, making of-dvd, the musical score on a seperate cd, a small metal knight and some really good looking artworks on glossy paper.

*Drools* :o

mr chris
11-11-06, 11:55 AM
Is it worth the extra cash Stabiz? As this is the verison i have ordered. Cost me £39.

stabiz
11-12-06, 06:55 AM
I think so. :D I think I got it for less than it should cost, since I only paid approx 4£ more than the standard version. The box is huge!

This game totally rocks! The music is of Hans Zimmer quality, and the battles ... OMG (And the crusades!)

I wont be playing Company of Heroes for a LONG time.

mr chris
11-12-06, 06:58 AM
Good to know thanks Stabiz:up: Only a few days to wait:yep: :D :p

Dowly
11-12-06, 07:30 AM
Hmm.... I´ve read that the battles are more "brutal" now. What does that mean? BLOOD????? (please) :hmm:

Edit: Nevermind, I just watched some trailers. Medieval was the dark age! I want to see blood and severed hands on the battlefield!! ARRR!! :arrgh!:

stabiz
11-12-06, 07:36 AM
Yes, they are definately more brutal. Blood, and various death moves, impaling, etc. I`ve also read that people get dismebered if hit by canonballs. (And that bodyparts can be sent flying across the battlefield by the blast)

Personally I cant wait to start lobbing dead cows into castles. :D

Oh, and the largest castles - the citadels - have two inner defence walls, so you can literally be fighting from gate to gate, in defence or offence. :rock:

Dowly
11-12-06, 07:38 AM
Yes, they are definately more brutal. Blood, and various death moves, impaling, etc. I`ve also read that people get dismebered if hit by canonballs. (And that bodyparts can be sent flying across the battlefield by the blast)

Personally I cant wait to start lobbing dead cows into castles. :D

Oh, and the largest castles - the citadels - have two inner defence walls, so you can literally be fighting from gate to gate, in defence or offence. :rock:

Yea, I saw those great animations! But saw no blood! I want to see guys head split if someone hits it with a poleaxe!! But if that´s true what you just said, I will be pleased. ;)

Cant wait for tomorrow! :rock:

Boris
11-12-06, 07:40 AM
What are you guys doing playing MTW2!!!!??

You should be getting ready to test the Beta! :x

Ok, seriously, but don't tell Kpt. Lehmann, but I went straight to Saturn and paid full price for the game on the day of release. :D ...And it's freakin awesome! I've always been into the TW series.
With uni, my need for a social life, GWX modding (theres still a bit to be done on my end)... it looks like I'll be getting no sleep now.

@Dowly... there's a bit of blood, as opposed to the no blood in earlier titles. There's blood when arrows hit the men, and the textures a bloodied too if they've been hit or are dead. It's by no means gory though, it's pretty subtle.

Dowly
11-12-06, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the info, Boris! Looking forward to it! :rock:

Skybird
11-12-06, 09:13 AM
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1317773#post1317773

Dowly
11-12-06, 09:22 AM
I really didnt like too much of the vanilla Rome TW, but when the Rome Total Realism mod came, it changed it completely. And if Medieval II will be as easy to mod, there will most likely be a Medieval Total Realism mod coming.

This is one of the most anticipated games of the year, so I think Sega will release patches in a hurry to fix everything. For anything else, there´s modders. :up:

mr chris
11-12-06, 09:25 AM
Cant wait for my game to arrive now with all is talk of lobbing dead cows into castles and impaling people and dismebered bodys:arrgh!: :arrgh!: I really cant wait to lead my faction to glory. Or should i say with me at the helm and my luck certian death is more likely:rotfl:

stabiz
11-12-06, 09:40 AM
Medieval 2 is totally frekkin sweet! I love this game! My first crusade is on the steps. Be afraid, Antioch.

Dowly
11-12-06, 09:46 AM
Cant wait for my game to arrive now with all is talk of lobbing dead cows into castles and impaling people and dismebered bodys:arrgh!: :arrgh!: I really cant wait to lead my faction to glory. Or should i say with me at the helm and my luck certian death is more likely:rotfl:

Lol, I think the installer will not let me install the game. Might give a error message: "Dowly, mate. Maybe it´s best for the virtual europe and all the innocent civilians that will fall under your command that I break your DVD drive. Press OK if you agree. Press Install anyway to format C:\"

:rotfl:

stabiz
11-12-06, 09:50 AM
Dont worry, Boris, when GWX comes along I`ll drop this game like a brick. Nice of Sega to release this so we have something to do in the meantime, hehe.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/568/medieval220061112150541na6.th.jpg (http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=medieval220061112150541na6.jpg)

mr chris
11-12-06, 09:52 AM
Lol, I think the installer will not let me install the game. Might give a error message: "Dowly, mate. Maybe it´s best for the virtual europe and all the innocent civilians that will fall under your command that I break your DVD drive. Press OK if you agree. Press Install anyway to format C:\"

:rotfl: :rotfl: I remember when i played Rome Total War that i used to kill most of the population to get them in fear of me straight away. This never seemed to work in Spain though god i hated them Spainards in that game i could never get them under control:damn:

@ Stabiz that is a great pic good to see you are using the mighty English;) It looks so much better than Rome Total war. I want it now:x I just know as soon i get hold of it the GWX beta will be here:yep:

Biggles
11-12-06, 09:54 AM
Ha! My first crusade was aganst Jerusalem! And I took it, the pope is quite satisifed with me right now. I'm playing as Spain. Oh, Stabiz, do you know where the player may see the current year in the campaign?

stabiz
11-12-06, 10:09 AM
No, I ahevnt found that myself.

How did you create the crusading army? Is there an option to change it to crusaders when its trained or something?

Boris
11-12-06, 10:12 AM
I really didnt like too much of the vanilla Rome TW, but when the Rome Total Realism mod came, it changed it completely. And if Medieval II will be as easy to mod, there will most likely be a Medieval Total Realism mod coming.

This is one of the most anticipated games of the year, so I think Sega will release patches in a hurry to fix everything. For anything else, there´s modders. :up:

Yeah, I really got to dislike vanilla Rome war after RTR. Medieval is different though, I think they learnt from there mistakes, MTW2 seems grittier and more historically accurate. I have to say, right now I could live without an MTR... I couldn't think of what they would change.

mr chris
11-12-06, 10:34 AM
Ha! My first crusade was aganst Jerusalem! And I took it, the pope is quite satisifed with me right now. I'm playing as Spain. Oh, Stabiz, do you know where the player may see the current year in the campaign?

I remember whn playing the first MTW that i was always getting attacked by crusading armys. It will be fun to return the favour with this game:yep: Iam so looking forward to this game from what you guys are saying:arrgh!:

Dowly
11-12-06, 11:06 AM
Nice shot, Stabiz!

Aww... that grass will drop my PC to it´s knees!

Anyone have the recommended systems requirements? I´ve tried to search them, buy all I get is the minimum requirements.

stabiz
11-12-06, 12:01 PM
I can play it, but only kinda ok. I have a AMD Athlon 64 3800+, ABIT KN8 SLI, 1,5 gig RAM, XFX 7900GS 256MB. I have most settings on high (and some on very high), but the minute i start adding AA my computer starts to cry.

I have 30-50 fps in battles.

But I read somewhere that the game actually looks pretty ok on lower settings too.

Dowly
11-12-06, 12:54 PM
Seems like we have pretty similar PC´s. Tho, I have AMD 64 3500+, 2GB of RAM and GF7800GTX.

Well, I get my copy as soon as my friend goes to work tomorrow morning! (He works on a game store, so he paid my copy and will drop it to my mailbox as he leaves to work tomorrow ;) )

mr chris
11-12-06, 01:02 PM
My system is a intel pentium 4 processer 3.00ghz, 2.00gb of ram, 160gb hard drive and a ATIx850 256mb video card. I just hope my system copes :oops:

stabiz
11-12-06, 05:27 PM
:up: You have a fine machine there, dowly. That graphics card is really good. You should be able to turn on some antialiasing.

The bloom effect is a hog too, but I have to have it, it looks so cool.

Look at this beast of a fortress! (Its not even the largest in the game) The enemy (Denmark) retreated to the second courtyard when I breached the outer walls. Thank god I had one ram left.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5811/medieval220061112212901od6.th.jpg (http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=medieval220061112212901od6.jpg)

stabiz
11-12-06, 05:28 PM
My system is a intel pentium 4 processer 3.00ghz, 2.00gb of ram, 160gb hard drive and a ATIx850 256mb video card. I just hope my system copes :oops:

It will. :up:

melnibonian
11-12-06, 05:30 PM
I've just got MTW II and it is BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!

I've almost run out of space in the hard drive but it is worthy.

Crusaders here we go :p :p :p :p

Dowly
11-12-06, 05:36 PM
STABIZ!!!

Stop posting those shots!! I cant take it anymore!! ARRR!! :damn:

Approx. 5½ hours for my copy! Hmm... maybe I should call him and force him to leave for work one or two hours earlier so he could bring my copy sooner! :rotfl:

Dowly
11-13-06, 12:45 AM
O-M-G!! :o

I think I just fell in love. The game is amazing! And on top that, it runs very very very well! Huge armies and everything on high/highest, with bloom on, reflections on, AA on, anistrophic filtering on and everything runs fine! Even the Rome TW stuttered slightly!

Cant wait for a night battle, those fire arrows looked pretty damn cool!

But I must say, the game needs a patch or two. Sometimes the fighting is ridiculous. How can few groups of peasants without proper weapons take out a squad of knights and make two squads of spearmen run like little girls? And all this happened AFTER my two squads of archers unloaded every single arrow they had on them...

Edit: Haha! This game is grrreat.... for me too poop on! I think I put this back to my shelf and take it out after a patch has been released. It seems that, the weakest units are supermans compared to what they should be. A squad of crossbowmen fighting melee with their little butterknives, just fought back two half-strenght squads of spearmen and a generals cavalry bodyguards. 3 melee units againts 1 ranged unit and I lost. You just gotta love this game. :D

HunterICX
11-13-06, 06:25 AM
O-M-G!!

I think I just fell in love. The game is amazing! And on top that, it runs very very very well! Huge armies and everything on high/highest, with bloom on, reflections on, AA on, anistrophic filtering on and everything runs fine! Even the Rome TW stuttered slightly!

Cant wait for a night battle, those fire arrows looked pretty damn cool!

But I must say, the game needs a patch or two. Sometimes the fighting is ridiculous. How can few groups of peasants without proper weapons take out a squad of knights and make two squads of spearmen run like little girls? And all this happened AFTER my two squads of archers unloaded every single arrow they had on them...

Edit: Haha! This game is grrreat.... for me too poop on! I think I put this back to my shelf and take it out after a patch has been released. It seems that, the weakest units are supermans compared to what they should be. A squad of crossbowmen fighting melee with their little butterknives, just fought back two half-strenght squads of spearmen and a generals cavalry bodyguards. 3 melee units againts 1 ranged unit and I lost. You just gotta love this game.

LMFAO

Ow god dowy, beaten the **** out by peasants...

got the same thing happend to me with RTW....I was to sure I was going to win agains a very hard AI...my Triarii ran like little girls when peasants beaten them so I forced my general into it to finish it off....after 2 minutes I got that nice Event camare seeing EDIT: ''the naughty naughty peasant poked the generals bum with the pitchfork which hurt and he went to heaven'' (NeonSamurai forced me, ^_^ lol)

Don’t underestimate the power of the enemy, sometimes its not about using the heavy force. Be smart , thats what I love about the Total War series, for example : in RTW I defended my castle from 5000 enemy soldiers with only about 1200 man inside. Mostly they where archers which I aimed at the army's with the ladders, the ram did his job and smashed my gate...but there I stood with my hastati to block them. The AI made a stupid move and send his General right toward my army of triarii which defended the main street...he got killed and the moral of the enemy forces dropped heavy and so the retreat flooding began. I ended the match with 560 man left the enemy had around 1800 soldiers left. pretty good job I must say.

now back to MTW 2 , I saw some trailers and gameplay movies...and hell!!! I,m so going to buy it when it's out here! and not only that I,m going to get a new System to run my current games better and for the ones that are comming (Sh4 and MTW2) And then I'll be going on a Crusade and you wanna know why ?

''It's God Will!!!!'':rotfl:

NeonSamurai
11-13-06, 07:34 AM
Watch the language please :)

HunterICX
11-13-06, 07:42 AM
Watch the language please :)

:doh: what is wrong with our language :lol: ok ok!

I will change the Pitchfork rammed up his ass to ''the naughty naughty peasant poked the generals bum with the pitchfork which hurt and he went to heaven''

Dowly
11-13-06, 09:32 AM
the naughty naughty peasant poked the generals bum with the pitchfork which hurt and he went to heaven

:rotfl::rotfl:

But seriously, I was playing on easy settings when the mighty peasants went on killing spree. I need to crank up the difficulty as the AI is just dumb.

Soldier: What´s those coming out of the sky?
Soldier2: Arrows.
Soldier: Oh... nevermind then.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6792/arrowsat9.jpg

HunterICX
11-13-06, 09:35 AM
the naughty naughty peasant poked the generals bum with the pitchfork which hurt and he went to heaven

But seriously, I was playing on easy settings when the mighty peasants went on killing spree. I need to crank up the difficulty as the AI is just dumb.

Soldier: What´s those coming out of the sky?
Soldier2: Arrows.
Soldier: Oh... nevermind then.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6792/arrowsat9.jpg

:stare: Me so Jealous!!!!!!!! STOP POSTING SCREENSHOTS!!!
Boehoehoehoe I cant take it anymore!!!!!!:damn:

Dowly
11-13-06, 10:19 AM
Haha! Just attacked a rebel town. Hammered it´s walls with ballistas and catapults, rushed inside with spearmen and cavalry, they got knocked out. Then as a last resort used my archer peasants to kill as many as possible before being killed. Well, what do you know, they beat off three enemy groups and killed the general. I think I replace my whole army with peasants. :rotfl:

HunterICX
11-13-06, 11:16 AM
Haha! Just attacked a rebel town. Hammered it´s walls with ballistas and catapults, rushed inside with spearmen and cavalry, they got knocked out. Then as a last resort used my archer peasants to kill as many as possible before being killed. Well, what do you know, they beat off three enemy groups and killed the general. I think I replace my whole army with peasants. :rotfl:

:lol: hahahaha, pitchforks must be the strongest weapon in MTW2 hahaha.
well get urself a couple of them (they're cheap, and what I red about powerfull too)

RTW had a similar funny unit
the war dogs...those just cant be killed...when u select them when the dogs are on the lose the army is going towards the person of that unit , and doesnt attack the dogs...
those dogs arent funny!!! they kill lots of ur army.
I lost a couple of units because the enemy forces had 7 units of those dogs...really my army was surrounded with them and where killed in combat!

Safe-Keeper
11-13-06, 01:17 PM
I'll at the very least get the demo. I'll have to hit the previews and find out if it addresses R:TW's two biggest shortcomings:

1. No naval battle.
2. No multi-player campaign, only skirmishes.

If those two aren't addressed, I'll be really disappointed. Oh, and the path-finding was nothing short of horrible in R:TW. That needs fixing, too.

Other than that, it'll probably be awesome.

Dowly
11-13-06, 02:09 PM
I´ve had one naval battle and it was the same auto-resolve thing as it was in R:TW.

Konovalov
11-13-06, 02:28 PM
So apart from the gorgeous graphics what's new since RTW?

I'm a little concerned by the talk of possibly even dumber AI than in RTW.

Auto resolve naval battles stink to high heaven. :down:

Dowly
11-14-06, 10:20 AM
Aww!! I hate the Milanese!! They joined the crusade with me and Poland, but instead of attacking the target they broke our alliance and attacked Caen!! I couldnt attack them without getting the Pope furious so I had to wait for the Poles to capture the target city and the crusade to end. Luckily, the crusade ended the next round, but so did the Milaneses´s patience, they attacked Caen. They have attacked it once before and know that coming through the gates is a suicide, so they brought ballistas, catapults, rams and siege towers with them.

At the same time, they sieged Paris. There I have lots of experienced combat vets defending the city with catabults and trebuchets. But here in Caen, my troops are fresh and some of them arent even on full strenght due to a recent attack by rebels.

As soon as the battle started, I positioned my men to the gate. Leaving only the archers and a group of dismounted feudal knights up to the walls. My archers opened fire with flame arrows against the advancing force, killing many. But I had no way to get my hands to the catapults that were blasting my walls. I was already outnumbered so a attack outside the castle would have been suicide.

The catapults managed to rip a hole just right of my gate, the attack had begun.

I repositioned my gate defenders, leaded by the feared peasants, to infront of the hole. The attack came with full force, the enemy had no cavalry so it was pretty much a fair fight (tho, I was heavily outnumbered). I let the enemy get just a few meters inside the walls, just so I can attack their flanks with Knights and spearmen. The effect was devastating, the pinned down enemy troops had no where to go. A bit of a kill or be killed situation.

In the meanwhile the enemy had brought it´s siege tower to my walls, to the left of the gate. They tried to be clever and flank me, but I had my feudal knights ready. As soon as the ramp opened, they charged the siege tower. Only a few enemy soldiers were able to get to the wall, just to be killed in a few seconds.

I ordered the knights to go down the siege tower to reach the outer wall to flank the enemy that was attacking through the hole.

After a few minutes, the enemy was in full retreat, only ballistas and catapults stayed put... untill my cavalry and knights charged them and made them flee.

After the battle was over, I had killed almost everyone of the attacker + captured their general, who got his throath slit as soon as the battle ended. So did the rest of the POWs. Teaches them not to attack my cities.

When the battle was over and I returned to the campaign map, I noticed that the Milanese forces besieging Paris fleed. Nice.

A few pics from the battle:

1) Knights charging through the enemy´s siege tower
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/926/siegetoweras1.th.jpg (http://img154.imageshack.us/my.php?image=siegetoweras1.jpg)

2) Aftermath scene of the hole battle
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/2924/deadoh2.th.jpg (http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=deadoh2.jpg)

3) Knights and peasants pursuing fleeing enemies
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/8500/cleaningyt0.th.jpg (http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cleaningyt0.jpg)

4) Debriefing
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1889/afterqa8.th.jpg (http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=afterqa8.jpg)

Gizzmoe
11-14-06, 12:39 PM
News about the first patch, it will come out in 2-3 weeks:
http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotalwarfrm55.showMessageRange?topicID=6608 .topic&start=1&stop=20

Dowly
11-14-06, 12:40 PM
News about the first patch, it will come out in 2-3 weeks:
http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotalwarfrm55.showMessageRange?topicID=6608 .topic&start=1&stop=20

Thanks for the info, Giz! :up:

mr chris
11-14-06, 01:19 PM
Very nice pics Dowly:up: Still have not got my copy yet. Though your pics are getting me over the late arrival of my game oh that and testing GWX:D I hope it gets here by the weekend though.

stabiz
11-14-06, 03:44 PM
These Danish fools tried to charge ...

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/8507/medieval220061113013819ux9.th.jpg (http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=medieval220061113013819ux9.jpg)

... this:

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/6341/medieval220061113012041mm1.th.jpg (http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?image=medieval220061113012041mm1.jpg)

Dowly
11-14-06, 04:26 PM
Hehe, I got some early cannons too just last turn. Now, let see, where was the Milan capital again. :rotfl:

SUBMAN1
11-14-06, 04:49 PM

Ahh. I didn't know there was a patch! I will be looking for the Rome Realism patch tonight! I just got back into playing Rome TW and forgot how entertaining it is. To watch 3000 troops come in on your stone walls, and you having less than half that number is a very anxious time. At the end of the day to walk out the victor (when you were sure you were going to be the loser!) while loosing only a minimal # of men is reward in and of itself! :up:

-S

Dowly
11-15-06, 06:54 AM
Hehe, just as I though that there is no more pre-battle speeches, I realised that you have to wait for awhile to get them.

You gotta hear them, some of them are pretty hilarious! They insult the enemy, their wives, their lands etc.

Like the Scottish general said just before starting battle with English; "the devil's arse must ache from overuse!!!". :D

Another complaint: I HATE THE ACCENTS!!!! The french speak english, like in the movies. How can I possibly take it seriously when a french general is breaching my capital´s walls and yells something to me in a very girly voice?? :rotfl:

stabiz
11-15-06, 06:56 AM
I agree! How cool would it be to get some latin with subtitles?

Dowly
11-15-06, 07:05 AM
I agree! How cool would it be to get some latin with subtitles?

Cool... like GWX cool. ;)

I think I start a new campaing with the Scotland. I like their accent. :yep:

NeonSamurai
11-15-06, 11:51 AM
Another complaint: I HATE THE ACCENTS!!!! The french speak english, like in the movies. How can I possibly take it seriously when a french general is breaching my capital´s walls and yells something to me in a very girly voice?? :rotfl:

At least they arnt doing Monty Python lines ;) Yew stuupid english ki-nigit! :D

Dowly
11-15-06, 02:02 PM
At least they arnt doing Monty Python lines ;) Yew stuupid english ki-nigit! :D

Thank you sir! That gave a mod idea! The pre-battle speeches are determined by who you play and who are you battling, so I think I rip some speeches from the Holy Grail and replace some of the England Vs. France pre-battle speeches with them! :rotfl:

gouldjg
11-15-06, 02:18 PM
Whos got it and dun it rock :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Got a new graphics card for sh3 and just got this game. Totally addicted for at least a week but it still wont beat SH£ when GWX comes.

kiwi_2005
11-15-06, 03:00 PM
go here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=100738

11gigs of hd space for MTW2.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X 14gigs of hd space:huh:

PeriscopeDepth
11-15-06, 03:38 PM
I like the accents, I think they're supposed to be funny/overdone (the French guy especially) like some of the of the movies are. Overall, the game's better than what I was expecting.

PD

bert8for3
11-15-06, 04:08 PM
I'd be curious to know what the AI is like in career play. RTW/RTR suffered from a lousy AI imho ... even on higher difficulty, the AI rarely attacked and when it did, it was never on what seemed to be a systematic/strategized basis. AI sieges would pretty much lift immediately you attacked somewhere else. I wonder if this has improved in MTW2?

Dowly
11-15-06, 04:17 PM
Aww!! :damn: Stupid game! Why have they packed the sounds to a .dat files!? I can surely extract them, but I can only pack one folder to one .dat file and the original .dat files have multiple folders in them, so my sound mod doesnt work!! Stupid, stupid game!

mr chris
11-15-06, 04:34 PM
Am bloody well still waiting for my game to arrive!!:nope: :nope: By the time i get the thing Dowly will have modded it out for us all:rotfl:

Dowly
11-15-06, 05:20 PM
Am bloody well still waiting for my game to arrive!!:nope: :nope: By the time i get the thing Dowly will have modded it out for us all:rotfl:

Well, I need to wait for the 1st patch to get proper un/packing tools.

Khihihi... now I will only play the french! :rotfl:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5390083373985154555&hl=en

I´ll post a another vid when I´ve gotten the fleeing sound to the game.:up:

mr chris
11-15-06, 05:24 PM
Dowly very funny vid mate:up: :rotfl:

Dowly
11-15-06, 05:25 PM
The problem is, that there is really not too many lines I can use from the 'Holy Grail'. :cry:

mr chris
11-15-06, 05:28 PM
What about the scene where the english knight is being chopped away at by an emeny and he is going come on then il ave yeh. The other guys was going but you have not got any legs or arms left.

Dowly
11-15-06, 06:00 PM
What about the scene where the english knight is being chopped away at by an emeny and he is going come on then il ave yeh. The other guys was going but you have not got any legs or arms left.

You mean the Arthur Vs. The Black Knight scene? I use clip of it when enemy general is fleeing:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8992844752072466738&hl=en

:up:

mr chris
11-16-06, 01:02 AM
Yeah thats the one mate. like it in game:D

HunterICX
11-16-06, 05:29 AM
:lol: hahha Dowly thats some funny sh**

great work with the fleeing general haha

Dowly
11-16-06, 06:36 AM
Too bad the general usually dies. So you hardly ever get to hear that. :-?

Dowly
11-16-06, 10:31 AM
Sir, yes sir, I was bored! ;)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6908584455071638753&hl=en

mr chris
11-16-06, 11:31 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Thats some funny stuff Dowly. But where did you get them coconuts mate? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Dowly
11-16-06, 01:37 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Thats some funny stuff Dowly. But where did you get them coconuts mate? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Are you deaf, sir! I FOUND THEM!! :rotfl:

stabiz
11-16-06, 02:58 PM

But seriously, the AI is utter nonsense in this game. Any chance for a Grey Knights mod? :p

HunterICX
11-17-06, 04:14 AM
:lol: Funny vid Dowly, hahaha
Coconuts...:rotfl:

:up: keep them comming

HunterICX

Dowly
11-17-06, 08:34 AM
I must agree that, that was made pretty hastily. Should have used more camera angles. Maybe mirror the video in the end when King Artur leaves. :roll:

Too bad there´s no single soldiers in the game, I would have wanted to make the Black Knight scene as it´s one of my favorites in the movie. ;)

Konovalov
11-17-06, 09:35 AM
But seriously, the AI is utter nonsense in this game.

Is the AI really that bad in MTWII? :-?

Dowly
11-17-06, 09:37 AM
It´s not REALLY bad, but there´s some talk over at the twcenter that the campaign AI has a bug in it and it will be fixed most likely when the patch comes out.

Head over to the www.twcenter.net and check the forums. There´s alot of talk about the AI of the game etc.

stabiz
11-17-06, 09:44 AM
AI in sieges is worse than in RTW. The citadels with three sets of walls are impossible for them to navigate in, and they usually just hang around until you have shot them to pieces. Sometimes I was forced to go out and fight them since I have turned off the time limit on battles. STUPID!

Wish I had waited to buy this game.

The only time I loose battles is when I auto resolve or have half their numbers, and I am no Napoleon.

Dowly
11-17-06, 09:58 AM
Dont know about the large scale sieges, but when they attack my one-wall-castles, they do it in three parts. Ram the gates (blow up the gates/part of the wall if they have catapults), deploy one siege tower to the wall and finally they use the ladders.

HunterICX
11-17-06, 11:08 AM
;) RTW wasnt AI smart as well.

I had 3 army's of arches. 2 armies Javelin throwers.1 army of the first type of hoplites and a Greek general horse company
I played the greeks and the Scipii attacked me on sicile...
I faced 2000 soldiers against my poorly defended castle.
but...the ram was gone...it went up in fire as soon they came in my range..
and the next thing they did...nothing...they just stood there!!!!!! I was comon I,m not going to wait 60 minutes before the times up...Meh...So the AI is very dumb I send out my first hoplites...and they came at them...hehe I send the hoplites back in ...and the archers did their job because as soon they got fired on they went back into their positions where they started..and I repeated this step...at the end I send the Javelin throwers up the wall...did the same thing again. and then 1 unit of the enemy started to flee...affecting the others and all ran away...at the end I killed +- 1100 soldiers of the scipii without losing 1 soldier of my own :rotfl:

ow and the next turn they came with a diplomat, I had to give the province to them or they shall attack....''I laughed in the face and denied''
but the diplomat kept doing this so I decided to transport my elite Assasin from Greece to sicile to kill that anoying bastard!

Dowly
11-17-06, 11:17 AM
I´d like to see a feature that when the attacker looses his siege equipment before reaching the walls, the battle would end to their defeat. They would not lose any men, but they would be forced to retreat. Now, they just stand there.

HunterICX
11-17-06, 12:18 PM
I´d like to see a feature that when the attacker looses his siege equipment before reaching the walls, the battle would end to their defeat. They would not lose any men, but they would be forced to retreat. Now, they just stand there.

I see no reason why dowly:rotfl:
I would threw a coconut down the wall...and they will rush to the wall so the first one can clame it!...but it has its price thought :yep: Arrow hits

if the AI loses its equipment...ENJOY the slaughter as soon a unit of urs is outside the wall...and when the AI is moving to attack that unit put them back behind it and shoot the bastards.

Dowly
11-17-06, 02:27 PM
Over at TWcenter some are wanting a new unit to MTW II. The knights that say "Ni!". :rotfl:

Biggles
11-17-06, 04:38 PM
The Game is great....really,erally,really great, but I HATE the Danes! How can such a small country be so......powerful? They have one provinse left, and even with 3 armies, one with a 3 star-commander,one with 5 star-commander, and YET they refuse to surrender! and oh yes...I lost Jerusalem to the Mongols......:damn:

I also like that Muslim countries may call out a Jihad! I didn't see that coming.....

Dowly
11-17-06, 04:52 PM
The Game is great....really,erally,really great, but I HATE the Danes! How can such a small country be so......powerful? They have one provinse left, and even with 3 armies, one with a 3 star-commander,one with 5 star-commander, and YET they refuse to surrender! and oh yes...I lost Jerusalem to the Mongols......:damn:

I also like that Muslim countries may call out a Jihad! I didn't see that coming.....

Well... the Finns did fight off the Soviets back in WWII. Also, in a war movie there was a quote (cant remember who made it, but it was old, back in the medieval age). The quote goes "The northern people might be dumb, but they fight like devils".

I´m yet to battle against the Danes, but I´ve heard alot of similar comments of them that you just made.

stabiz
11-17-06, 05:03 PM
The Danes kick ass! I smiled when I saw one of the units called Norsemen. Too bad there are no Vikings, though. On the other hand; if there were Vikings you wouldnt see me for a while. :D

BTW: My main consern right now is HunterICX`s bloody countrymen! They are hitting me at flank speed from all directions.

HunterICX
11-17-06, 05:39 PM
The Danes kick ass! I smiled when I saw one of the units called Norsemen. Too bad there are no Vikings, though. On the other hand; if there were Vikings you wouldnt see me for a while. :D

BTW: My main consern right now is HunterICX`s bloody countrymen! They are hitting me at flank speed from all directions.

:rotfl: The spaniards did very well in the medieval era :up::rock:
but in RTW they lost a lot with those elephant riders from carthago

stabiz
11-17-06, 10:51 PM
I tried getting a crusade pointed towards the crazy spaniards, but the pope wont let me. Maybe because he is spanish. :rotfl:

HunterICX
11-18-06, 04:37 AM
I tried getting a crusade pointed towards the crazy spaniards, but the pope wont let me. Maybe because he is spanish. :rotfl:

:hmm: simple solution for that ''kill the pope'' with the assasin :up: and blame the muslims for it:rotfl:

Dowly
11-18-06, 05:30 AM
My first crusade was a pain in the butt. The time I got half way there, only the general and a one group of mercenaries were left. Everyone else had deserted due the "lack of progress made towards the target city".

At last, I was two turns away of the city and the next turn I got the message that the Poles had taken the city and that the crusade was a success.:shifty:

Pants
11-18-06, 07:31 AM
I've played rome total war, is medieval total war 2 any good?
If so i will be buying it today :up:

Dowly
11-18-06, 08:04 AM
I've played rome total war, is medieval total war 2 any good?
If so i will be buying it today :up:
It´s pretty similar to RTW, with some new features. A patch is coming in few weeks that will most likely fix some of the AI bugs that make them too passive. All in all, I like it. :up:

You might want to read some reviews to know better:
http://www.tothegame.com/game.asp?id=4972
http://pc.ign.com/articles/745/745219p1.html
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/medieval2totalwar/review.html

stabiz
11-18-06, 08:23 AM
Yes, very simple solution. :stare: Not a job for a fresh recruit.

No, I am considering an invation of the papal states from the sea. (Too much Spaniards on the land route)

BTW, the patch is coming soon. Lets hope it removes the Bernardottes from the armies.

Edit: Crap. I hate responding to something, and not seeing there is a whole page I hadn`t read, hehe.

Dowly
11-18-06, 08:26 AM
Edit: Crap. I hate responding to something, and not seeing there is a whole page I hadn`t read, hehe.

Frenssen
11-18-06, 09:05 AM
The damn inquisitors killed my king and a promising 23 year old general:damn:
The inquisition frying kings and heirs is absurd.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/10/Spanish_Inquisition_(Monty_Python).jpg
But I really like to back in the medieval times, the best period for a total war game. And the agent videos really add athmosphere to the game.

Biggles
11-18-06, 01:20 PM
The damn inquisitors killed my king and a promising 23 year old general:damn:
The inquisition frying kings and heirs is absurd.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/10/Spanish_Inquisition_(Monty_Python).jpg
But I really like to back in the medieval times, the best period for a total war game. And the agent videos really add athmosphere to the game.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

right on!

-Biggles.......fetch.....the CUSHIONS!:arrgh!:

I just wish that the inquisitors used things like that instead of burning you. Another thing that I was REALLY pissed on was after taking Jerusalem, a muslim-priest(sorry but I jsut don't remember what they're called) turned up. So on the same time that I was trying to keep the people in order, they became uneasy to handle since they questioned my faith and started thinking if the muslims where right......:damn:

mr chris
11-18-06, 03:25 PM
It's been a week and still no sign of my copy of the game:damn: :damn: :damn:
By the time i get hold of my copy, Rome Total War 2 will be out:rotfl: :rotfl:

stabiz
11-18-06, 04:16 PM
Hmmm ... I wonder what they will do next? Napoleonic Total War?

I have thought about WW2, but I dont see how that can be done. (Today)

Biggles
11-18-06, 04:56 PM

Well.....They need to totaly rebuild there engine for that. There was no battles in WW2 with thousands of men running on a field aganst eachother

(or....well the russians tried that but the germans was sitting there with MGs so......:nope: )

HunterICX
11-18-06, 08:06 PM

Well.....They need to totaly rebuild there engine for that. There was no battles in WW2 with thousands of men running on a field aganst eachother

(or....well the russians tried that but the germans was sitting there with MGs so......:nope: )

the problem is. that the TW series works with groups...they dont respond indivually.

they have to make the puppets smarter...they move in groups but when they are at a location they seek cover behind things (building, trenches, bushes etc etc)
then it would be pretty close to a WW2 TW

Biggles
11-19-06, 05:28 AM
Would be fun to see a group of 100 men trying to march together up Omaha Beach.......:hmm:

I say, stick to this old warfare as long as possible.....maybe a game about Europe in the 15-16th century.....

Frenssen
11-19-06, 07:26 AM
I think Total War should consentrate on melee combat, glorious slaughter as my Scot generals say. In WW2 they didn`t meet on a field and fight until one of the armies ran away, it was a totally different kind of warfare.
Also there are more than enough WW2 games as it is.

Biggles
11-19-06, 08:25 AM
Also there are more than enough WW2 games as it is.

I'll neveer get tired of WW2 games. But TW is not that sort of warfare, so stick with what you got. I also think that the lads on the TW team should take a break for a while, they deserve it.

stabiz
11-19-06, 09:07 AM
I dont think they diserve a break yet, I`ve wasted money on a game that for now only will work in multiplayer battles. The AI is so bad I could cry. Not once have I lost a defending siege, they just dont come in when you get bigger castles.

Even pitched battles in open fields, they sometimes just hang around until I`m out of ammo. Its sickening.

I`m not playing this until the patch comes.

I wonder how the beta was. :x

Pants
11-19-06, 09:23 AM

have you played Imperial Glory? thats a good Napoleonic game, not played cossacks/cossacks 2 so i can't say much about those.

stabiz
11-19-06, 09:25 AM
I never liked the Cossacks series, but I haven`t played Imperial Glory, no.

Pants
11-19-06, 09:32 AM
Yeah IG is similar to rtw ( for the battles anyway ) i like the game :up:
I wished they would do a WH 40k on the same scale as rtw.

Dowly
11-19-06, 10:09 AM
I have the Cossacks 2: Napoleonic War. And I like it!! :rock::up:

Biggles
11-19-06, 03:34 PM
LOL!!! Dowly! Love your new signature pic:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

stabiz
11-19-06, 04:22 PM
Yes, its freekin great! :rotfl:

Dowly
11-19-06, 04:34 PM
Bad hair day. ;)

Biggles
11-19-06, 05:21 PM
Reminds me of someone.....oops, that someone is me....:oops:

Been single all my life...now you know why....:nope:

stabiz
11-19-06, 05:44 PM
:rotfl:Hang in there, matey!

Biggles
11-19-06, 06:13 PM
Heh, don't worry. I haven't given up....yet....

SmokinTep
11-20-06, 07:35 AM
I hope the patch addresses my siege equipment. The towers go up in flames faster than a California hillside.

Pants
11-21-06, 07:15 PM
Well i have finally bought it, I've taken over scotland, ireland and parts of france.....damn this game is addictive.:rock:

mr chris
11-22-06, 03:03 AM
Well i have finally bought it, I've taken over scotland, ireland and parts of france.....damn this game is addictive.:rock:

I still have not got my copy:damn: :damn: :damn: I bloody ordered it 2 weeks ago:nope: :nope: :nope:

stabiz
11-22-06, 06:57 AM
:huh: From where? The Sahara?

HunterICX
11-22-06, 07:11 AM

I still have not got my copy:damn: :damn: :damn: I bloody ordered it 2 weeks ago:nope: :nope: :nope:

:-? Weird, thats long...
do you have a confirmation email about the purchase?
if so. call them

(the reason I just wait when the game itself is on the shelf)

Biggles
11-22-06, 10:23 AM
But...it IS on the shelf?

Oh, BTW, I ordered it the week before the european release (november 10th, exactly one month from my birthday...strange.....:hmm: ) and the store got it on the 9th!!!! So I went into town and picked it up. Yes, I don't like it to be sent to my home,since something may get wrong on the way.
With a trusty old computer-game store you know when you get it.(I always buy my game at a little store in the middle of Stockholm, if any swedes wanna know which one, then tell me.)

mr chris
11-22-06, 11:27 AM
Just thought i would post an update on my missing copy of MTW2. It seem that a parcel has arrived for me at work today!:rock: . This must be my copy of the game it just must be it:stare: :stare: :yep: :yep: Well tommorrow will reaveal all. :hmm:

Dowly
11-22-06, 12:09 PM
Just thought i would post an update on my missing copy of MTW2. It seem that a parcel has arrived for me at work today!:rock: . This must be my copy of the game it just must be it:stare: :stare: :yep: :yep: Well tommorrow will reaveal all. :hmm:

Why it was posted to your work address??

mr chris
11-22-06, 12:15 PM

Why it was posted to your work address??

Yes mate i order it to my work address as iam in the Britsh Army and if i get it sent to my work address it costs me nothing. But if i got it sent to my home address it would have cost me quite a bit in shipping. I guess it serves me right for being such a tight ass:lol:

Biggles
11-22-06, 01:56 PM
I bet you one army of highlanders that it's another persons copy:rotfl: :rotfl:

mr chris
11-22-06, 02:03 PM
I bet you one army of highlanders that it's another persons copy:rotfl: :rotfl:
If any off my work mates have brought a copy of the game i will personaly buy you a whole army:yep: :rotfl:

Biggles
11-22-06, 02:06 PM
but or buy?:doh:

Dowly: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I just found the movies with Monty Python Sounds! Hilarious! Monty Python rules:rock:

mr chris
11-22-06, 02:09 PM

Dowly: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I just found the movies with Monty Python Sounds! Hilarious! Monty Python rules:rock:
Have edited above post mate. :up: It must be my game it must be:arrgh!:

HunterICX
11-23-06, 07:55 AM

Have edited above post mate. :up: It must be my game it must be:arrgh!:

Mr.Chris: It must be!!!
Mr.Chris raps open the pack
Mr.Chris: Medieval Total War........
Mr.Chris picks his rifel and pays a visit.

Biggles
11-23-06, 09:32 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

mr chris
11-23-06, 11:50 AM
Oh yes i finaly have my hands on my collectors edition copy of MTW2!!!:up: :rock: :rock: Have only played the turtrial so far i want to get the feel for the game. Cant wait to start a grand campagin:yep: :arrgh!:
Any tips from you guys on how to conquer the world?

Biggles
11-23-06, 12:43 PM
Kill the danes. Wipe 'em out....ALL of 'em!!!!! and do it as soon as possible!

If you do that, then you wont have any problems.

(OBSERVE!!! I'm not joking:up: )

mr chris
11-23-06, 01:42 PM
Will try that out tommorrow as i have the day off and i might beable to get a bit of game time in around my testing duties:yep: Though dont tell the Kpt that:oops:

Biggles
11-23-06, 01:59 PM
aarrgghh.....now I can't post a good link......never mind this post lads, I screwed up.....:damn:

Dowly
11-23-06, 02:29 PM
If you want that instead the turns, you see the year you´re on, go to Data/World/maps/campaign/imperial campaign and open the descr_strat.txt and find the line that reads something like "Show_time_as_turns". Now, erase that line completely and save the file. You may have to start a new campaign for it to work.

Also, make sure to backup the original file before you make any changes.

Another tweak, 1 turn in MTW II is 2 years. Go to the descr_strat.txt and edit the "timescale 2.00" to read:

timescale 1.00 = 1 turn, 1 year
timescale 0.50 = 1 turn, 6 months

0.50 is the lowest figure you can use.

Tikigod
11-23-06, 04:06 PM
Awesome video Dowly....can you make the skit when they fling dead cows over the wall? I'm so glad they added this feature to the game. You did an excellent job at sychronizing the movements with the sound.

Sir, yes sir, I was bored! ;)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6908584455071638753&hl=en

Tikigod
11-23-06, 04:38 PM
Only problems I'm having...are losing all my guys from the inquisition...I build churches...I free my captives....I send priests to preach everywhere....I do everything as orthodox as possible...yet...the pope keeps burning my generals and family members at the stake.

My assasins are useless...I can't even kill the walmart merchants that seem to be popping up everywhere taking my business......I guess you have to send assassins on sabatoge missions before you can kill anyone successfully. Most sabatoge ratings for a newly created assassin are in the 40% whereas to kill the weakest of targets only gives me the highest of about a 15% success rate. Its much more difficult to kill someone than in rome total war.

Also, I had my first nighttime attack which was neat. The soldiers carry torches into battle....which akes my battles that much more romantic....almost like a candle lit dinner.....

Dowly
11-23-06, 04:50 PM
I agree that the assassings are pretty much useless. They couldnt even kill a fly if I gave the order. :nope:

HunterICX
11-23-06, 05:05 PM
I agree that the assassings are pretty much useless. They couldnt even kill a fly if I gave the order. :nope:

the RTW was simple but also it was not easy to get the big guys their throats sliced.

first you just started to kill the leader of an army that didnt have a general unit in it. you sabotaged untill ur Assasin gets high leveled.

I had a couple of elite assasins and was killing my fellow houses with it :rotfl: Brutii's generals and the scipii's generals...and...the Senates army general. so the army where leaderless when they went in combat with me. I just marched on and they already crapped in their pants

HunterICX

WIIIIIIIIIII I have 1k posts!

Biggles
11-23-06, 05:17 PM
HunterICX

WIIIIIIIIIII I have 1k posts!

Congrats mate! I have a while ahead of me before I get there!:up:

mr chris
11-23-06, 05:20 PM
Aye well done on the 1k posts mate:up:
Have just started a new grand camapign as the Engish iam taking it slow but have got hold of Wales and the northwestern tip of France. I just cant seem to get a roll on.

Biggles
11-23-06, 05:51 PM
eeeugh....haven't played since.....yesterday!:o

I'm just to busy here with school and stuff. And my little brother had his birthday today so I had to help him wiht his new computergame. (He's 14, but suffers from a braininjury since birth, the poor little fellow:cry: )

HunterICX
11-23-06, 06:10 PM
eeeugh....haven't played since.....yesterday!:o

I'm just to busy here with school and stuff. And my little brother had his birthday today so I had to help him wiht his new computergame. (He's 14, but suffers from a braininjury since birth, the poor little fellow:cry: )

Congratz with ur smaller brother
;) Give the little fella good fine day :up: enjoy the time with him.

Biggles
11-23-06, 06:30 PM
Well....the day's over, and he's asleep, and I should too....ah well........my own birthday is coming up, december the 10th! Remember that lads!:up:

Razman23
11-25-06, 09:55 PM
I just finished a short campaign as the Spainards. It only took a whole week to finish it and thats me playing nearly five hours a day!

Here are some thoughts on my part.

Crusades: You can or the Pope will call for a crusade. You will get a notice that one has been called and against who. You have to get a general and at least 8 units together. When you pull up that armys information box, theres a toggle to the left that says to join the crusades. Once that happens all the men in that army no longer costs you money and you can pick up more men along the way. Usually the crusades are off to the middle east.

Combat: Once I killed off over 50 enemy with only my archers shooting fire arrows. Kinda sad to see a man burn to the ground. :lol: I also fought off about five hundred men against my castle. I had archers on the walls shooting fire arrows at their seige equipment. Towers and rams seem to burn real easy. Also location of your troops DO affect how your battle goes. I was on the hill top and could easliy plunk away at the enemy down below without them hitting me. AI troops seem to be too passive when you fight out on the field but when they sally forth from their castle, they ALL come out running. :o The rebel army is still here and you just cant get rid of them.

Religion: The great thing is that if youre real good and liked by the Pope you get a Cardinal to go around and burn the heritics to the ground. If you get enough 'browny points', you can call a crusade yourself.

Agents: Assassins are kind of lousy at first but you have to send places to sabatoge buildings to build their clout so you can bump off the big wigs. You also have merchants that you have to set them onto resources to collect trade money.

The new stuff is the little movies they show. When something happens, a little movie runs to show what happened. For instance, say you sent your spy to enter a city. It will run a movie showing you if he made it or not. And of course, beware of the bush! (those who have the game know what Im talking about.)

Well gotta go, Going to send the brits down to kill the frenchies. ;)

Pants
11-26-06, 12:06 AM
Damn those mongols :damn:
I had over 3000 of them camped outside my castle at Antioch, did they get in, HELL NO lol :rotfl:i pre-emptied thier attack so they had no siege :smug:, i locked my doors and hit them with all my archers ( no lit arrows, more acurate ) and my siege mortars, then i used my heavy cav..ooh what a mess.
I wish you could get the holy hand grenade.:arrgh!:

Biggles
11-26-06, 06:35 AM
Religion: The great thing is that if youre real good and liked by the Pope you get a Cardinal to go around and burn the heritics to the ground. If you get enough 'browny points', you can call a crusade yourself.

Agents: Assassins are kind of lousy at first but you have to send places to sabatoge buildings to build their clout so you can bump off the big wigs. You also have merchants that you have to set them onto resources to collect trade money.

Good facts, cheers!

[pants] We definitly need the holy hand grenade! and killer rabbits,
and the knights who says "NI" is definitly a must have!

Tachyon
11-26-06, 09:19 AM
Man, at this rate I'll have to upgrade my 200GB HDD to 400 GB .

Tachyon
11-26-06, 09:30 AM
Haven't played Medieval 2 Total War, but I do have Med total War 1. And i've got a question about M2TW , are there any arabian civilizations, like the Al-Mohads in MTW1?

Frenssen
11-26-06, 11:06 AM
The Almohads are called Moors this time. You also have the Turkds and Egypt on the Islam side.
Anyone noticed how fast the cities/castles grow? Even on very high taxes they grow quicker than I can build the buildings.

Dowly
11-26-06, 11:36 AM
Anyone noticed how fast the cities/castles grow? Even on very high taxes they grow quicker than I can build the buildings.

Yes, I´ve noticed it too. Much faster than in RTW.

Razman23
11-26-06, 12:09 PM
The Almohads are called Moors this time. You also have the Turkds and Egypt on the Islam side.

Thats because each turn is actually two years instead of six months.

You can mod a file to get it to run every six months instead.

Tachyon
11-27-06, 07:22 AM
Moors? The ones in Muslim occupied Spain right? Hmm...well, it's a pity the map doesn't extend towards Asia much, there were plenty of Arabian conquests in that direction

SmokinTep
11-27-06, 07:22 AM
I saw something neat the other day. Went to attack Milan, a huge castle. Blew up all the towers and gates and proceeded to enter the castle. When I got in, no one was around. They had retreated to the other castle inside. Had to lay siege to that one also.

Sulikate
11-27-06, 08:59 AM
Damn, this game looks so cool but I cannot play it because it hasn't been released yet in Brazil. I think I'm gonna buy it on the net.

Biggles
11-27-06, 10:16 AM
I just wish it was some more exciting missions from the pope, like paint "The last Supper". Then I'd hire Michelangelo and make him paint it with 28 disciples, 3 Christs, one kangaroo, and a trampoline act!:know:

Dowly
11-27-06, 10:34 AM
Then I'd hire Michelangelo and make him paint it with 28 diciples, 3 Christs, a kangaroo, and a trampoline act!:know:

Tikigod
11-27-06, 11:08 AM
Sid Meiers's Civ4 lets you make paitings to increase your culture rating in your cities....but, the artisits kinda do their own thing..

I just wish it was some more exciting missions from the pope, like paint "The last Supper". Then I'd hire Michelangelo and make him paint it with 28 diciples, 3 Christs, a kangaroo, and a trampoline act!:know:

oche
11-28-06, 03:17 PM
I got this game 5 days ago. I didn't think it was going to be so impressive, since i've always played Rome Total War and had downloaded many mods which enhanced the overall qualities of the game, but man i was blown away. I don't remember ever playing such an addictive game. This is an excellent game and probably the best in the Total War series, so far it has been able to produce sustantial loss of sleep, self respect, motivation willingness to work therefore reducing considerably the daily working hours, which are all excellent signs of a nearly perfect game. I predict that it will wreck my next weeks as a social productive individual and hopefully i will have some strength to make it next year for the Silent Hunter IV release. :|\\

Biggles
11-28-06, 04:03 PM
Well, now I can play as Milan:up:

illin
11-28-06, 04:28 PM
I dont understand how some of you guys can have fun playing this game yet.

Im having to wait for the patch because the AI is so buggy its too easy to win. If I have archers firing at the enemy army then the enemy army often just sits there letting me shoot it, even if the enemy army is much stronger than mine.

It's just no fun to play when the battle AI is so stupid. I might as well be playing a brick wall.

How are you guys doing it? Do you have difficulty on the highest setting or something?

Admittedly I only figured out the AI was buggy a while after the mongols invaded. At that point I realised I hadn't lost a battle and became suspicious of how the enemy was just sitting there outside a castle even though they clearly outnumbered me. After then I started noticing the enemy just often wasn't attacking realistically when I was firing arrows at them, and just wasn't responding in a way that could be called intelligent. Usually the enemy was just sitting there passively as if they had been turned off.

One time I even moved a unit of sword and spearmen all the way round the back of a large enemy army until they were right behind the enemy general about 20ft away. The enemy army did not even react to any of this. Their entire army just sat in exactly the same formation (facing away from the two units). It was just ridiculous.

Shogun total war and medieval total war out of the box didn't have these massive AI bugs. I just have to wait for the patch and hope these bugs are fixed.

I have also noticed that on the campain map the AI doesn't reinforce it's own cities/castles very well (this is more noticable later on) and only leaves about 2 or 3 units to defend them and moves all it's troops elsewhere. Which makes it too easy just to assault the castle/town and take it in one turn (ie without maintaining seige)

Im a bit frustrated that I cannot play this game atm just because of the AI.

TteFAboB
11-28-06, 06:14 PM
Yup that's a known bug and CA said they've (are?) already fixed it.

Even if it is fixed and improved it will always be dumber than you. You may not want to think of it, you may not want to acknowledge it. But I guarantee, you will still be smarter than the smartest AI they can run on a personal computer.

What I do to actually enjoy playing this game and since I barely have enough time I really do need to make the best out of it, is to reduce the size of my own armies to give the enemy a numerical advantage. This way I have massive casualties that need replacements at the end of each battle, even if I win. I also only build higher level Armorsmiths and upgrade my units after meeting an upgraded unit in battle. And yes, the campaign difficulty may be left at Medium but "Battle Difficulty" must be set to Very Hard. M2 is different from RTW so this time around Very Hard doesn't punish you while boosting the AI unfairly: it gives bonuses increasing the effect of morale for both you and the enemy while using the bext AI which I've found to be vastly superior to RTW's, not considering the paralysis bug,

stabiz
11-29-06, 07:14 AM
I dont understand how some of you guys can have fun playing this game yet.

Im having to wait for the patch because the AI is so buggy its too easy to win. If I have archers firing at the enemy army then the enemy army often just sits there letting me shoot it, even if the enemy army is much stronger than mine.

It's just no fun to play when the battle AI is so stupid. I might as well be playing a brick wall.

How are you guys doing it? Do you have difficulty on the highest setting or something?

Admittedly I only figured out the AI was buggy a while after the mongols invaded. At that point I realised I hadn't lost a battle and became suspicious of how the enemy was just sitting there outside a castle even though they clearly outnumbered me. After then I started noticing the enemy just often wasn't attacking realistically when I was firing arrows at them, and just wasn't responding in a way that could be called intelligent. Usually the enemy was just sitting there passively as if they had been turned off.

One time I even moved a unit of sword and spearmen all the way round the back of a large enemy army until they were right behind the enemy general about 20ft away. The enemy army did not even react to any of this. Their entire army just sat in exactly the same formation (facing away from the two units). It was just ridiculous.

Shogun total war and medieval total war out of the box didn't have these massive AI bugs. I just have to wait for the patch and hope these bugs are fixed.

I have also noticed that on the campain map the AI doesn't reinforce it's own cities/castles very well (this is more noticable later on) and only leaves about 2 or 3 units to defend them and moves all it's troops elsewhere. Which makes it too easy just to assault the castle/town and take it in one turn (ie without maintaining seige)

Im a bit frustrated that I cannot play this game atm just because of the AI.

Same here, I stopped playing after a couple of days with frustrating AI in sieges, and stand still enemy armies in open fields.

Biggles
11-29-06, 11:16 AM
I guess I don't care,since most battles I make the comp. play for me....

FAdmiral
11-29-06, 02:42 PM
I just consider the game in its present form to be good practice
till the patch gives it more realism. There is much to learn and
master and now is a good time to do it.....

JIM

SmokinTep
11-30-06, 06:20 AM
I guess I don't care,since most battles I make the comp. play for me....

Not a good thing to do since you will lose more men that way, plus you will lose some battles that you could have won.

mr chris
11-30-06, 07:06 AM
I have not had the chance to play that much but i the only career i have started so far i am kicking the Dans asses:yep: Cant wait for the patch.

Biggles
11-30-06, 09:44 AM
I've started to play my battles myself, and by jove, it's funny as hell!:up:

melnibonian
11-30-06, 10:46 AM
I've been so busy with the GWX Beta Testing and Real Life to have a chance to play properly. I did try it for a few hours and it looks really great. Probably during the christmas break I can play a bit more

stabiz
12-03-06, 12:56 AM
Crap, I told myself not to play until the patch came out, but then I discovered that you can remove the UI, so I made a vid:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NoykxizOSjo

Biggles
12-03-06, 07:17 AM
Nice one old chap!:up:

stabiz
12-05-06, 07:13 AM
Revenge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39XzPX9eNQk

mr chris
12-05-06, 12:55 PM
Great Vids Stabiz this have given me the get up and go to start a new career.:arrgh!: :up:

TheSatyr
12-14-06, 09:49 PM
Now,if they would only do a Shogun 2:Total War I'd be a happy man. Since Shogun is still my favorite game in the series.

Ilpalazzo
12-15-06, 09:32 PM
I can't wait for them to patch this game. All too often I am expecting an epic battle when I see thousands of the ai's men against less of my men. They just stand there and I slaughter them. ugh

Gizzmoe
12-15-06, 09:33 PM
The first patch is out! :rock:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=73557

Ilpalazzo
12-15-06, 09:59 PM
aw no way oh snap thanks I didn't notice!

stabiz
12-16-06, 08:30 AM
Thare are still alot of problems with passive AI after the patch, according to the guys at totalwarcenter.

FAdmiral
12-16-06, 11:18 AM
Patch 1.1 (40meg.) downloaded and installed.....
Will proceed with my save playing Portugal.
I hope the AI challenge will be stronger than before.
Always attack with 3 to 1 or greater odds.
But the real test will be when the AI outnumbers me
in the troop count.

JIM

FAdmiral
12-20-06, 12:41 AM
OK, the battles are tougher than before the patch. My 700 vs. 270 rebels
in a M&B. They lost the entrie 270 but 35% of theirs were peasent archers.
I lost half of my force, mostly spearmen. I would have lost much less troops
before the patch. BTW, I have seen the AI load an army of 15 units on 1 ship.
Very Dangerous !! Sink that ship and all 15 units go to the bottom of the sea.

JIM

mr chris
12-20-06, 03:59 AM
Thanks for the info FAdmiral:up:

flintlock
02-22-07, 08:36 PM
Medieval II Update 2 Feature List

http://p223.ezboard.com/Medieval-II-Update-2-Feature-List-/fshoguntotalwarfrm55.showMessage?topicID=16038.top ic

That's quite a comprehensive list they have there.

Safe-Keeper
02-24-07, 06:33 PM
I really don't know if I should get this game. Rome: Total War was incredible, but also lacking in so many ways. Pathfinding was horrid, city gates couldn't be locked like in Age of Empires II (meaning that your army would suddenly run out of it and get slaughtered if you were not careful with your positioning orders), the AI was stupid, naval battles were auto-resolved, and the splendid campaign and historical battles were single-player only. Not to mention how battles were for some reason timed, so that you could be winning gloriously and then suddenly lose because you didn't reach the enemy city's "downtown" fast enough. And now I'm hearing Medieval II TW is not much better... nah. I'm not sure.

As for language, I really think they should've gotten someone to translate the English for them. Have the Danes speak medieval Danish, the English and Franks speak French, the Spaniards speak Spanish, and so on. Then give them subtitles.

I think I just fell in love. [...] This game is grrreat.... for me too poop on!Extrement fetishist much:p?

-Biggles.......fetch.....the CUSHIONS! You need to edit the messages in-game. Instead of whatever you get, it's a new pic with the Inquisitors from Python and a message such as "the totally unexpected Inquisition has beaten your son to death with cushions. This is a terrible loss for all of England".

Boris
02-24-07, 07:22 PM
Well, its fun, but it has many of the annoyances of Rome. It's a little better though, and theres a few modpacks out now that fix many things.

Theres also a language mod that uses all of the different language versions of the game to have every faction speak their native language. Only problem is the game hasn't been translated into some languages, so the've substited German for Danish, and Russian for Polish etc.

But better than all in English, or all in German.

GlobalExplorer
02-25-07, 07:25 AM
Now,if they would only do a Shogun 2:Total War I'd be a happy man. Since Shogun is still my favorite game in the series.

Me too. Shogun ranks narrowly as the best game I ever played, and i played lots of them.

Perfect game at it's time - the concept was still completely fresh then.

MTW2 with the newer patches seems to have a much more competent AI, which was my biggest problem with RTW. Much like our beloved SHIII these games tend to become fully enjoyable only through advanced modpacks. As MTW2 is still young, I would say wait a year or two and then it will be perfect.

In any case CA, which had started to turn into a gang of arrogant, mainstream bastards has obviously changed for the better since they signed with SEGA, they started listening to the community again. MTW 1.1 indicates they are again valuing gameplay as high as graphics, as was the case in STW.

Safe-Keeper
02-25-07, 05:30 PM
Silent Hunter 4 is higher on my priority list, along with Dominions 3, an obscure-but-fantastic 4X strategy game.

Edit: Hooray! I just managed to defeat the Aztecs in the demo Battle of Octumba! It was my fourth or fifth attempt, I think. Now remains the Battles of Agincourt and Pavia.

I might just get this game. But it's not #1 on my priority list. Let's see how it goes.

mr chris
03-08-07, 03:43 AM
Well have just loaded up the game after a long time away. Does anyone know if another patch has been realsesed since the first one?

Just looked on gamespot and found all these mods.
Has anyone here used or tryed any of them?

http://www.gamespot.com/search.html?qs=MEDIVAL%20TOTAL%20WAR%202&sub=d&stype=11&type=11

Skybird
03-08-07, 05:59 AM
Patch 2 was planned for late February, but people still wait. Detail list was linked somewhere above. Release could be imminent. Could last another couple of weeks - who knows. I for myself put the game on ice for the time being.

mr chris
03-08-07, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the update Skybird:up:

Kpt. Kozloff
03-08-07, 08:34 AM
I've just bought a Total War: Eras Pack as a gift for my friend's birthday (he's nuts about strategy games). It includes Roman, Medieval and Shogun parts of the game. I hope he likes it.
:up:

mr chris
03-08-07, 06:08 PM
Im sure he will be well happy with that lot:up:

stabiz
03-09-07, 09:28 AM
:rotfl:The new patch is 650MB! Thats like a whole game a few years ago!

mr chris
03-09-07, 10:44 AM
:rotfl:The new patch is 650MB! Thats like a whole game a few years ago!
:huh::huh: 650MB:huh::huh:
Any idea on when its going to be realsed?

stabiz
03-09-07, 07:18 PM
Yeah, two to three weeks.

Fixlist:

Primary features for Update 2:

1) The Launcher
2) Fully implemented Hotseat mode
3) Cinematic Editor
4) Battle Editor (now fully functional)

Resolved Bugs/Issues:

AI
• Units do not clump together when told to complete a 180 degree turn.
• Janissary Musketeers now fire consistently.
• Enemy AI army formations in bridge battles now allow their own artillery to fire.
• Enemy cannons do not fire at unbreakable walls.
• Grouped archers out of ammo will attack enemy units in melee combat when ordered to do so.
• AI does not deploy outside of enemy gates.
• When defending an enemy settlement with multiple exits, taking your army out of the side/back door does not make it easier to defeat the enemy.
• Siege AI is not passive.
• Cavalry can now charge a spearman army.
• General's bodyguard unit now marches correctly outside castles.
• AI now effectively assaults 2nd tier of a Fortress.
• Sallying AI army now reacts properly to being assaulted from 2 sides
• Attacking Siege AI concentrates on taking the settlement rather than chasing down units outside the settlement.
• Generals are now more effective at chasing down routing units.
• Enemy AI reacts to being bombarded with Trebuchets while inside a settlement.
• Siege AI now more difficult to defeat if player places missile units outside the walls.
• AI controls it units more effectively in a Citadel
• AI artillery more decisive in its positioning
• Remaining AI army now advances to use siege equipment
• AI Cavalry can now flank a Spear Wall
• AI now responds to missiles when sieging settlements
• AI now crosses bridges to attack
• AI responds more quickly to gates that have been opened by Spies (while sieging).
• Units do not break formation when chasing routers
• Enemy AI effectively attacks when player's units in a settlement square
• Enemy AI now utilises spare rams
• Improved enemy AI response to stakes
• Shortened Siege attack timers
• Enemy AI will no-longer send out General's bodyguard on a suicide mission while defending

Diplomacy
• Improved responses to monetary offers
• Bribery attempts do not always fail after an unsuccessful first attempt
• Diplomatic 'Just Rejected' response no-longer to 'Not Interested' response to counter-offer, no matter how generous
• Aztecs now appear in the correct year (for diplomacy actions)
• Generals in a Crusade do not get inquisition
• Improved diplomacy mechanic - AI Factions now stick with alliances and/or attack 'more intelligently'

Crash
• Soft-locks in MP Lobby no-longer occur
• Host random hangs fixed
• Resolved issue with client CTD when host ends game that client is joining
• Auto-resolve Siege battle hangs fixed
• Siege tower catching fire no-longer causes random hangs
• Random hangs after loading Campaign save game

Pathfinding
• Battering Rams no-longer stuck in gates
• Ship movement area fixed
• Ram crew no-longer stuck between rams
• Northern European Castle terrain fixed to allow docking of towers
• Improved use of ladders
• Southern European Fortress wall fixed to allow docking of towers
• Improved the way units use Way-points
• Siege of Setenil slow-down tweaked
• Units no-longer become stuck on canyon walls on 'Canyon' map
• Units do not ascend/descend invisible ladders
• Units do not get stuck on Siege towers
• Cavalry pathfinding improved when sallying out from a Fortress
• Bridge battle pathfinding improved (units do not constantly reform)
• Citadel and Fortress paths fixed so that units can avoid assaulting inner walls
• Breach pathfinding tweaked

Combat
• Enemy spearmen do not charge with raised spears
• 2H axemen attack tweaked, inc. Attacking Cavalry
• Defending units can no-longer enter a siege tower as soon as it docks with the walls

Mechanics
• Mouse Cursor position now updates when scrolling with the arrow keys.
• Assassination exploit fixed.
• Mission "Reinforce Region" now functions correctly
• Attacking an enemy army from inside a sieged settlement no-longer causes the enemy to lose all built siege equipment
• Fixed two family members (brothers) with the exact same name
• Rudder event now triggers at the correct time
• When an enemy sallies and is defeated you no-longer have to wait for the timer to run out in-order to win.
• Assassin mechanics tweaked
• Mercenary recruitment tweaked
• Diplomatic Information scroll updates correctly.
• Online replays now match
• Slowdown fixed on Desert Sanctuary
• Metallic Resource now support Mines
• Cavalry charges do not fail when charging skirmishing/moving units or if a knight is out of position
• Units can now withdraw on the Eifel Mountains Battle Map
• Construction queue exploits fixed
• The carroccio standard can now fit through the gate on a sally out battle.
• Southern European > Fortress: routing Enemy AI now leaving the map
• Printing press event triggers at the correct time
• Ladder docking/undocking tweaked
• Faction standings tweaked
• Priests no-longer convert to heretics if travelling on a fleet
• Hotseat Game-mode added
• Upper limit added on how long units stay in loose formation for.
• Traits/VnV triggers tweaked

Camera
• Camera height does not drop under bridge in River Po Custom Battle map.
• Camera does not drop below water's surface in Palm Beach, Andalusia and Italian Wars map/scenarios.
• Camera does not show the underneath of a bridge when General is killed on the bridge

Controls
• Drag Deploy functionality tweaked
• RTS camera functionality tweaked

Graphics
• Princess character now greyed out upon death on Family tree
• Venice battlemap ambient building placement tweaked
• Fixed issue with trees disappearing when panning camera
• Added paths to doorways in Southern European Large City
• Added paths to doorways in Southern European City
• Fixed minor lighting issue in Southern European City
• Fixed misaligned platforms in Southern European Large Town
• Tweaked Crusade Army banner
• Fixed texture gaps and unwelded verts on Middle Eastern Huge City buildings.
• Fixed incorrect Tower Path in Mesoamerican City
• Fixed path through wall in Mesoamerican City Wall
• Fixed floating buildings above the battle map in Aztec Gold Scenario
• Fixed floating spikes in Mountain Redoubt scenario
• Added correct image for Paladin ancillary
• Fixed grey reinforcement area that states that 'This army cannot fight in night battles' even though the current battle is not a night battle.
• Added correct image for Aztec Rebel - Native Archer
• Added correct image for Aztec Spearmen
• Fixed floating torches in SE Citadel courtyard
• Garrison quarters no-longer change to Town Guard when in Construction queue
• Armoury building image in construction queue no-longer changes to an armoury
• Fixed issue with Trebuchets sometimes disappearing when zooming in close
• Fixed maps have the winter option but don’t have winter texture on the battle map
• Night attack selection tick and reinforcements do not disappear if user selects night attack option and then views enemy army details.
• Fixed officers not animating while riding
• Removed trees in the water in The Battle of Otumba.

Deployment
• Units can no-longer be deployed on inaccessible sections of wall
• Fixed deployment issues with Southern European Wooden Castle on either side of the main gate.
• Units no-longer deployable in buildings in Mesoamerican City

Collision
• Ballista collision improved
• Southern European Citadel gate collision improved
• Middle Eastern Gatehouse collision improved
• Issues with units getting pushed into areas that can't be deployed into.
Battle Editor/Cinematic Editor
• Numerous issues with both editors fixed and improved so that they can be released for public use.

UI
• Mission scroll hotkey added
• Financial Details hotkey functionality and tooltip added
• Reveal/Advance advice hotkey functionality added
• Battle Tutorial Dismiss advice functionality added
• Magnifying glass added to Disaster Strikes scroll
• Princess appears correctly on family tree
• Chat Window errors fixed
• Family Tragedy scroll triggered correctly
• Console text appearance tweaked
• Now possible to launch game from autorun launcher
• Fine Grain time control added (accessible by holding Shift and clicking + and - on battle UI)

Save/Load
• Loading saved game of the same turn no-longer allows user to keep both allies when they declare war
• Russian and Czech autosave fixed

Audio
• Movement_Embark speech now triggered correctly
• Allies breaking through gates of citadel now triggers correct speech
• Battle ending in draw when timer runs out now triggers correct speech
• Campaign Map interface sounds added
• End Turn sound now fades out nicely
• Win/Lose music is now representative of the Faction
• Enemy King killed speech now triggered
• Enemy Reinforcements arrive speech now triggered correctly
• Player Army Tired Battle Event Speech is now triggered.
• Player Army Half Gone Battle Event Speech is now triggered.
• Enemy Army Half Gone Battle Event Speech is now triggered.
• Player Under Attack Idle Battle Event Speech is now triggered.
• Player Winning Combat Battle Event Speech now triggered correctly.
• Player Losing Combat Battle Event Speech now triggered correctly.
• Leaves Fleet speech now triggered correctly.
• Player Tide Of Battle Up Battle Event Speech now triggered correctly.
• Player Tide Of Battle Down Battle Event Speech now triggered correctly.
• Muslim Enemy General Killed Battle Event Speech now triggered correctly.
• Christian Enemy General Killed Battle Event Speech now triggered correctly.
• Allied General Captured Battle Event Speech now triggered correctly.
• The "spy infiltrated our settlement" audio/speech is now played when "Start battle" is pressed during cutscene
• Correct region music plays when loading a saved campaign game.
• Added sound trigger for planting archer stakes in ground.
• Clicked-on characters on the Campaign Map no-longer stack their audio response if clicked multiple times.
• In the Historical battles, Battle of Otumba and the Battle of Hastings the music speeds up when you attack
• Other minor audio tweaks also carried out.

Text
• Minor grammar/spelling errors fixed

mr chris
03-09-07, 07:20 PM
Quite comperhensive then:lol:
Was looking at a few sites at the mods availble of the game though reading through a posts on one site someone said it was best to wait till the patches are out before playing around mods.

stabiz
03-09-07, 08:16 PM
Yeah, I cant even find out what most of them do. :rotfl:

Biggles
03-31-07, 12:10 PM
Bumpeli-bump-bump!

A new expansion is anounced for Medieval II:Total War called "Kingdoms"

http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?page=/en/medieval2/gameinfo/kingdoms/index.html&nav=/en/medieval2/1/4/

Looks good to me!:rock:

GlobalExplorer
03-31-07, 01:51 PM
Still waiting for some great mods for this game - as I have grown tired of the total war games taste. I have played everything from STW, MTW, RTW, and its getting kind of old. Still STW is maybe the best game I ever played - and I played a lot !! It was soo good when it was new.

And btw, that kingdoms expansion looks interesting. As it seems to shift away from the generic campaigns of the past, and back to the more focussed, detailed ones as in Shogun.

The campaigns sound interesting: Mesoamerica and / or Conquistadores, Crusades, Teutonic Knights, etc. Hope they do it better than the RTW expansion, which looked more like a half finished mod.

Boris
04-01-07, 01:19 AM
Wow, looking at the trailer, that kingdoms expansion is going to add alot to the gameplay, not just new campaigns. Much looking forward to it.

Tikigod
04-01-07, 06:40 AM
I love the Total War series. Its the best RPG out there.

Still waiting for some great mods for this game - as I have grown
tired of the total war games taste. I have played everything from STW, MTW, RTW, and its getting kind of old. .

Boris
04-01-07, 03:15 PM
I love the Total War series. Its the best RPG out there.

Still waiting for some great mods for this game - as I have grown
tired of the total war games taste. I have played everything from STW, MTW, RTW, and its getting kind of old. .

RPG? :doh:

SmokinTep
04-05-07, 06:24 AM
About to win this campaign I'm on. Only me (English) and Egypt. Been playing off and on since it was released.

Skybird
04-06-07, 09:33 AM
Bah...

first the word was that the patch is out. then it was found that there are two patches of different size. Then it was assumed that maybe the size difference is because of mixing up bits and kilobytes. then it was assumed that the one includes a hot seat addon. which then was said to be faulty. all the way there were two or three links. which then dissapeared. Followed by saying that it was a leaked patch. That works for some. for some others not. Now the patch needs to be used onto a fresh vanilla instal. Which still creates problems for some, for others not. While nobody can say anymore if it is a leaked patch, or not. And if it has been taken offline by CA, or not. And CA having delays after delays. And is said to have found another couple of major bugs - not in the game, but in the planned patch. However, CA says nothing on anything anytime anymore, just adds to the confusion by remaining silent and giving not a single word on the confusion currently dominating the scaene.

What a chaos. What a PR desaster.

However they are already busy to advertise an addon to M2. While the main game still is not fixed. Obviously resources that would have been needed to get the patch done correctly - were spend on an addon, at the costs of the needed patch.

That's the state of the union - more than half a year since full price was payed by customers.

I am now conducting a full stop. I'm done with the Total War series' future

Happy Times
04-07-07, 12:43 PM
Bah...

first the word was that the patch is out. then it was found that there are two patches of different size. Then it was assumed that maybe the size difference is because of mixing up bits and kilobytes. then it was assumed that the one includes a hot seat addon. which then was said to be faulty. all the way there were two or three links. which then dissapeared. Followed by saying that it was a leaked patch. That works for some. for some others not. Now the patch needs to be used onto a fresh vanilla instal. Which still creates problems for some, for others not. While nobody can say anymore if it is a leaked patch, or not. And if it has been taken offline by CA, or not. And CA having delays after delays. And is said to have found another couple of major bugs - not in the game, but in the planned patch. However, CA says nothing on anything anytime anymore, just adds to the confusion by remaining silent and giving not a single word on the confusion currently dominating the scaene.

What a chaos. What a PR desaster.

However they are already busy to advertise an addon to M2. While the main game still is not fixed. Obviously resources that would have been needed to get the patch done correctly - were spend on an addon, at the costs of the needed patch.

That's the state of the union - more than half a year since full price was payed by customers.

I am now conducting a full stop. I'm done with the Total War series' future

What ive read the "leaked" patch works fine on a fresh install and is great. Big improments in the the AI especially. The problem was some minor thing with the installer. Ive just ordered MTV2 and cant wait to try it out in my new hardware. You can get the the patch from a torrent that is in Total War Center forums.

Dowly
04-08-07, 06:17 AM
@Skybird

Usually, for "big" games there is a different department that handles the patching. The others start to plan the next game. :up:

SmokinTep
04-09-07, 06:38 AM
Just about to finish my campaign as England. Only Me and Egypt left.

Skybird
04-13-07, 08:46 AM
At least the unofficial 1.2 patch has finally been made available without torrent.

http://files.filefront.com/MIITW_Update2_Final_EFIGSexe/;7194312;/fileinfo.html

Thanks to the unknown guy who did it.

Rilder
04-13-07, 11:12 PM
M2:TW is a good game, was fun for a bit but frankly I don't like the time period as much as the RTW era, so I just stick to that and its mods.. :)

robbo180265
04-23-07, 06:43 PM
Just got MTWII and I have to say that I'm blown away by the new graphics. Not really got into it too much yet but I'm liking what I see.

Has anyone tried the unofficial patch yet - is it ok?

Boris
04-23-07, 08:56 PM
Well, it's only unofficial in the sense that it was leaked from the devs. Apparently it works fine from most I've heard. It was meant to be released as an official patch and was already distributed to several mirrors, before it was recalled due to certain bugs.
Apparently the only bug is that patching anything but a clean 1.0 causes crashes.

flintlock
04-23-07, 09:28 PM
I've been holding out for the official unleaked 1.2 patch, as I'm busy with other titles at the moment (otherwise I'd have likely installed the current leaked 1.2). I'm a little surprised that Sega hasn't re-released 1.2 by now. Perhaps the current bug(s) are a little tricky to exterminate. That, and I'm sure Creative Assembly has most resources currently dedicated to the upcoming expansion (which is looking quite good).

CCIP
04-23-07, 11:32 PM
I'm gonna wait on the expansion now. Toyed with getting it for a while - initially didn't have a good system, then didn't have the time.

Eh, no rush :p

mr chris
04-24-07, 02:21 AM
Im using the leaked patch installed over the first offical patch and all works well.

stabiz
04-24-07, 04:48 AM
Cant wait for the expansion. Viking-power! Finally I get to rape and pillage, like my ancestors.:rotfl:

danlisa
04-24-07, 05:12 AM
....Finally I get to rape and pillage, like my ancestors.:rotfl:

It's still happening today although it's become a little more PC. IIRC hasn't it developed into, Titanic & Take Away.

What are your thoughts Stabiz.:hmm:

SmokinTep
04-24-07, 05:29 AM
I haven't messed with the leaked patch. Thought I'd wait for the official one. Just started another campaign as the Venetians.

stabiz
04-24-07, 09:03 AM
....Finally I get to rape and pillage, like my ancestors.:rotfl:
It's still happening today although it's become a little more PC. IIRC hasn't it developed into, Titanic & Take Away.

What are your thoughts Stabiz.:hmm:

:rotfl:Do not share X-Files, damnit!

robbo180265
04-25-07, 06:05 PM
Well I tried the unofficial patch and got ctd's. It was probably because I'd altered the turn times as mentioned earlier in this thread. Ah well just have to wait for the official patch eh?

Has anyone noticed how short the bills are that the billmen are carrying? I used to do medieval re-enactment and I've used a bill(allthough the German Greatsword was my weapon of choice)A bill should reach all the way to the ground.

Just me being picky I guess.;)

Respenus
04-26-07, 02:51 PM
Just one questions for all you Medieval 2 players.

Should I buy it?

Edit: Of course, I'd be glad to buy the expansion when it comes out, soon...

robbo180265
04-27-07, 01:36 AM

Should I buy it?

In all honesty if you liked the first MTW, you'll love it. It is a bit buggy but there is a patch coming out soon,and to be honest it's not so buggy that you'll hate it.:up:

Respenus
04-27-07, 02:59 AM

Should I buy it?

In all honesty if you liked the first MTW, you'll love it. It is a bit buggy but there is a patch coming out soon,and to be honest it's not so buggy that you'll hate it.:up:
To be frank, I've never player the first one. In fact, not even one of the entire series. Sure, I played demo's, but never a full game. Although I considered buying Shogun when it came out.

Will try it after the expansion pack and see the results. In the meantime, it's Supreme Commander for me.

Edit: On the other hand, I'll buy it first thing Monday.

GlobalExplorer
04-30-07, 04:40 AM
I it just me or has the TW modding community completely lost focus? It seems there are hundreds of mods in development, some of them almost identical, but hardly anyone gets finished.

The last one I enjoyed was RTW - now where would I have to turn to if I wanted something as good for MTW2?

Happy Times
05-03-07, 02:35 PM
I it just me or has the TW modding community completely lost focus? It seems there are hundreds of mods in development, some of them almost identical, but hardly anyone gets finished.

The last one I enjoyed was RTW - now where would I have to turn to if I wanted something as good for MTW2?

Ive been using Anno Domini, its still beta but its been with only a few CTDs. Focuses in realism and creating historical feeling wih different elements. The next patch will propably be a big step for this mod. Another im following is MTRealism but it seems to take sometime.

Kaleun Volk
05-03-07, 08:47 PM
MTW2= God of all Turn based stratigy games

Viva the Holy Roman Empire!!!:rock:

Skybird
05-04-07, 10:30 AM
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96588

Official patch 1.2, final version, is out, replacing the leaked (and buggy) version). readme says 650 MB, but it only is 613 MB.

flintlock
05-04-07, 11:44 AM
This is a heavyweight patch! :p

Stealth Hunter
05-05-07, 05:23 AM
Meh, it's ok. I could never reach and conquer the Americas in the name of the Moors! (Middle-East). I did, however, conquer all the others. :D

Rome: Total War got me the Greek Cities, and my Spartan Hoplites destroyed every empire on the map.

robbo180265
05-05-07, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the heads up Skybird:up:

GlobalExplorer
05-06-07, 07:26 AM
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96588

Official patch 1.2, final version, is out, replacing the leaked (and buggy) version). readme says 650 MB, but it only is 613 MB.

Thats great news. Can you comment on the AI - how does it rate now? I have played all previous TW games and couldn`t enjoy RTW anymore because of the battlefield AI. As we all know it was rushing all the time, not defending and making you pay for a favourable position like it did so well in STW.

The last time I played MTW2 was with the 1.1 patch - and I found the AI pleasantly improved.

However, it should still be much better to offer a challenge, especially when in the defense.

Tikigod
05-09-07, 01:42 PM
Is there any good individual mods out? Mods so far released seem to be collections with weird names that I don't want to bother decyphering between the 100 or so posted.

So far the invidual mods I have found that I like are:
- Darker Nights mod (which darkens the night time textures so the torches and lighting standout)
- Unlock Unlockable Factions mod (a text file that unlocks all factions right away (instead of having to complete a campaign first)

What I am looking for:
-A way to extend the campaign with more turns. I read there is a way to make 1 turn = 1/4 year (4 seasons) rather than 1/2 (2 seasons) but, I can't seem to find the mod or link by itself. It seems to be included with collection mods which I want to avoid.
- A way to fix the assasins (they are pretty much useless against most targets by the time you skill them they die of old age)

Happy Times
05-09-07, 05:26 PM
Anno Domini has potential and more turns. ;)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=83370

"Anno Domini Mod is aimed to the strategical player who also love to have a campaign the most historically correct possible. To reach this goal we implemented a lot of new features respect to the Vanilla version. Everything comes at a price though so be warned that turns will run significantly slower than the original game.
Maybe you can use the extra time to think more on your next move as there is very little space to errors. Running a middle-age dinasty is a hard job filled with perils, traisons, lack of money and nasty neighbours. Not only the strongest can survive, but more often the most cunning."

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=83370

NefariousKoel
05-09-07, 05:27 PM
I haven't messed with it in a bit but changing the amount of turns in a game is a simple text edit in a preferences file.

I'm at work & can't recall which one it was right off. Sorry.

Tikigod
05-13-07, 03:21 PM
Here's a cool mod that keeps arrows from disappearing. Looks really neat. But, there isn't version that is MTW2 1.2 compatible yet. This version is for 1.1: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1066 (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1066)

I looked on another site and someone recommended:

"Open descr_effect_impacts.txt , find the "effect_set arrow_impact_ground_set" section, and increase the "play_time" variable."

Here is original post explains how to manually change it: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78337 (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78337)

stabiz
05-13-07, 04:27 PM
I downloaded the new patch (which is the size of a small country), installed it ... and never bothered to play. I dont know what it is, but somehow I am tired of Medieval 2 without even finishing a grand campaign.

kakemann
05-13-07, 04:31 PM
I downloaded the new patch (which is the size of a small country), installed it ... and never bothered to play. I dont know what it is, but somehow I am tired of Medieval 2 without even finishing a grand campaign.

Me too! The patch should have been there a looong tinme ago ;)

kungfuserge
03-28-08, 10:56 AM
You can play my Mod on the extension 4 Kingdoms America's Campaign :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1845

or

this one which is more playing the Blue Coats against the Indians; in fact I have modded both tribes - Apachea & Chichimeca

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1830

I also have modded the reloading of rifle of the Blue Coats which is now a breech reloading (type Winchester)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1808

here is the blue coat mod including - curved sabre, american saddle, stirrups,
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1796

Blue Coats are lead by G.A Custer:

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8982/custerskinjacketgt6.th.jpg (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=custerskinjacketgt6.jpg)

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3461/custer1aj2.th.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=custer1aj2.jpg)

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7972/newcusterlaststance3er2.th.jpg (http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newcusterlaststance3er2.jpg)

Dowly
03-28-08, 11:38 AM
Wow, that's nice. :huh:

SmokinTep
04-01-08, 05:40 AM
:o .....You know Custer can't win....:lol: