PDA

View Full Version : New to Sub Command..Maiden Voyage Help

Captain C. P. Rate
11-09-06, 07:57 AM
Hello...Here's my problem
I am running the first mission on novice...SpecOps...I have no problem deploying Seal Team #3...However I can't seem to recover Seal Team #5...I have tried multiple times with variables such as:
Deploy Seal Team first
Recover Seal Team first
while attempting to recover I have:
adjusted speed down to 3kts...2kts...1kt
adjuusted depth to periscope depth
and surfaced
So far, all my attempts at recovery have failed, leaving my team bobbing on the water only to be discovered and destroyed at daybreak. What do I need to do to bring my boys home?
Thanks,
Capt. C. P. Rate:arrgh!:

Kapitan
11-09-06, 10:03 AM
go to PD all stop try it that way other than that im stumped.

Linton
11-09-06, 06:12 PM
How far away are you from the seal team when you attempt recovery?

Grayback
11-09-06, 06:17 PM
This is a problem. I'm wondering if you've played any of the other missions involving retrieval of personnel. The other night, I played that mission requiring you to recover that downed F-18 driver near Hainan. I still haven't perused the manual, and had to hit "show truth", but getting the downed flier was a snap - I made visual contact through periscope and came in slow. I don't remember surfacing - hmmm....

Have you played that mission? Also, check the pre-mission for details you may have missed. I know it's obvious, but just a suggestion...

Captain C. P. Rate
11-10-06, 11:14 AM
Ahoy...
I want to thank Kapitan, Linton and Grayback for their help. I went back and played the mission after reading your posts and successfully recovered the seal team. What I finally did was I deployed the seal team first and then went to recover the other, when I got to within five hundred yards I was prompted to cut my speed to 2 kts and come to pd resulting in a successfully completed mission. Once again thanks to all!!!!
Marc:arrgh!: