PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor Airborne

DanCanovas
11-05-06, 04:34 PM
well this is a game that is exciting me immensely. I'd like to create this thread for all updates and development of the game. ill start with some primary links.

http://www.ea.com/moh/airborne/index.jsp Home page

http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/794/794431.html early screens and vids

DanCanovas
11-05-06, 05:24 PM
one of the videos on IGN has been posted today i think, its geat

AirborneTD
11-05-06, 08:35 PM
Looks great! I haven't played a MOH game since Allied Assault. I really liked Call of Duty 2 and have played Brothers in Arms-which I wasn't crazy about.

Detritus
11-05-06, 10:27 PM
Have to say I' not a big fan of MoH, after the franchise started to go seriously downhill since Allied Assault but this looks definitely interesting. Freedom of movement= no more tunnel running, actually planning your mission and it even is supposed to have 'True Trigger', ie. two-stage trigger like in real guns. Should be out soon, too. Me wanna.
Oh yeah, BiA wipes the floor with CoD:D

DanCanovas
11-06-06, 02:41 AM
yeh I love the idea of landing with a degree of control and branching out in any direction you wish.

mr chris
11-06-06, 01:42 PM
Ah the best of work on my PC yes please:yep: :rock: :arrgh!:
You can count me in or this game Dan. It really looks good just watched the traliers.:p Think i might go on a lap of the airfield to get myself in shape:rotfl:

DanCanovas
11-06-06, 03:49 PM
just out of interest, how many have done a parachute jump, im seriously thinking about it.

AirborneTD
11-06-06, 04:04 PM
Hey Dan,
I did 30 with the US 82nd Airborne Division. What a rush!! Go for it.
Chris

DanCanovas
11-06-06, 05:04 PM
i bet that was hell of an experience :up:

Hellcat
11-06-06, 07:56 PM
I'm pretty interested in this title, though that trailer that ea has on their site makes the game look overly flashy. here's hoping to a demo soon :rock:

Detritus
11-06-06, 10:01 PM
just out of interest, how many have done a parachute jump, im seriously thinking about it.

40 civilian jumps. Best thing you can do with pants on. Go for it, you know you want to,heh. Would continue myself if it wasn't a bit heavy on my wallet and other activities.

DanCanovas
11-07-06, 03:47 AM
what are the options, (different jumps) you can do?

DanCanovas
11-07-06, 11:24 AM
ok i have found the info

mr chris
11-07-06, 01:08 PM
Ive done a few great fun. Do it Dan it will be the thrill of a life time:yep: :up:

Dowly
11-07-06, 02:20 PM
Wow, that looked good! When is it going to be released?

DanCanovas
11-08-06, 06:42 AM
the current date is march 07 I think

DanCanovas
01-22-07, 06:07 PM
any other updates on this?

JCWolf
02-02-07, 11:47 AM
I'm wayting for the release but there are no idea
here in Spain when it comes out...

DanCanovas
02-02-07, 05:07 PM
its feinately one to watch, just hope I can run it

DanCanovas
05-15-07, 05:54 AM
new video released for this. :up:

FAdmiral
05-25-07, 08:55 PM
Here is another piece of info on this upcoming game:

http://www.after-hourz.com/index.php...5&Item id=120 (http://www.after-hourz.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=165&Itemid=120)

JIM

Lagger123987
05-26-07, 10:26 PM
When Airboune is going to have good mods?

Bort
05-26-07, 10:49 PM
When Airboune is going to have good mods?

Perhaps after it's released? ;)

Aside from that, I've been following this game closely and I really hope that they do not mess this one up like they did with Pacific Assault. It seems like EA is actually doing something right for once in asking gamers to come in and demo the game to find out what they like and don't like, what needs fixing, and what they think that the gamers of the world will want.

FAdmiral
05-29-07, 06:23 PM
Another new write-up over at gamespy:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/medal-of-honor-ai...e/792117p1.html (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/medal-of-honor-airborne/792117p1.html)

JIM

Rose
05-29-07, 09:10 PM
mess this one up like they did with Pacific Assault.

*GASP!* How dare you utter such blasphemy! I really had a great time with PA. I thought it allowed for a great Pacific Theater experience through the eyes of a US Marine -- something that has not been done really... at all. The scenery was gorgeous, the battles were gritty and bloody struggles, and I thought Tarawa was amazing. It was also very historically accurate I thought (except for the mission where you're character has to fly a Wildcat, I mean, what the hell?) However, I can see how some people might not like it due to some buggy AI, and the linear level design. Maybe I'm just baised because I am a major WWII buff, and I usually like anything having to due with that time period.

Anyway -- back to topic: You can't count me in as another person very excited about MOH Airbore. The MoH series needs a historically accurate game (I'm talking about everything else except MOH: PA) to hit the franchise! I'm stoked for the AB drops and the manual control. Can't wait :up:.

TheBrauerHour
05-29-07, 09:36 PM
I am following this game, and think it may be worth purchasing. It will be cool to jump out of the plane! :rock:

Tikigod
05-30-07, 02:41 AM
I have been landing on rooftops and in different locations on maps for awhile now in many different games: Operation Flashpoint, Armed Assault, Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, and WW2 Online. How is paradropping into battle a new concept?

The game looks good...Its just a wierd marketing strategy when they try to take credit (in their movie trailer) for introducing paradrops into 1st person shooters.

GakunGak
05-30-07, 05:03 AM
I have played every MOH title, and for sure I'm gonna play this one too....
MOH rulez!:rock:

mr chris
07-01-07, 05:31 AM
MOH Airborne is coming out on the 28th of August.:rock::rock::rock:
Best get my self a shiny new PS3 buy then or i will not be happy.:arrgh!:

GakunGak
07-01-07, 05:34 AM
MOH Airborne is coming out on the 28th of August.:rock::rock::rock:
Best get my self a shiny new PS3 buy then or i will not be happy.:arrgh!:

Hoorahh!!!!:arrgh!:

DanCanovas
08-07-07, 04:36 PM
just bought a new computer so can't wait now!! :up:

FAdmiral
08-30-07, 12:30 PM
Here is a preview of what the game is all about:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Missions

#1 - Operation Husky
#2 - Operation Avalanche
#3 - Operation Neptune
#4 - Operation Market Garden
#5 - Operation Varsity

A limited training mission is available at the beginning of the game, which takes place in Tunisia, during Operation Torch.

Features

Taken from Wikipedia:

Quote:
The main gameplay element of Airborne is the jump. At the start of each mission, the player begins in a C-47 along with fellow soldiers preparing to drop. The team then jumps out of the plane and parachutes down to the ground, marking the beginning of the mission. During the drop the player is able to freely control where in the field of battle they land; pre-determined drop zones are marked with a green flare, where the player will find their allies and supplies, however they can also choose to land elsewhere, which affects the way the game is played. For example, the player could land near the enemy stronghold and come up against heavy opposing firepower, or land on the rooftops with a sniper rifle and choose a stealthy approach to the mission. This free-roaming experience based on unlimited choice of landing spots offers infinite ways of gameplay, ensuring no two matches are alike. Additionally, unlike previous scripted first-person shooters, the missions in Airborne have no specific start or end point. As the player can land anywhere in the map, beginning the mission where they choose, they can complete the given objectives in any order they wish. The rate at which players become ready for battle depends on their skill at hitting the ground; a poor landing results in notification of a "botched landing", with the player having to spare a few seconds to regain composure. Players can also instantly kill an enemy soldier if they land on them. Airborne uses a unique health regeneration system where the health status bar is split into four quarters. If a whole quarter of health is lost, a health pack is needed to replenish it, although if the quarter is not entirely lost it will slowly refill if the player finds cover and rests for a few seconds. The game also has an unlimited sprinting ability where the player can speed up, however they will not be able to shoot while sprinting. Like other more recent FPS games, Airborne makes use of iron sights, where the player can improve their accuracy by looking down the sights of the weapon. The game's crosshair is dynamic where it will grow larger while the player is running, indicating that firing is less accurate while on the move. The Airborne development team originally planned for drivable vehicles to be available, and EA went as far as signing a deal with Jeep to use their vehicles in game. However it was felt that they didn't fit well into the design of the game, and that their inclusion would detract resources from other priority game elements, most notably the main focus of the drop.
Weapons

Taken from Wikipedia:

Quote:
A wide range of weapons is available in Airborne. Players can choose from allied weapons including the M1 Garand rifle, Springfield M1903A4 sniper rifle, Thompson submachine gun, M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle, M12 Combat Shotgun, M1911 pistol, Mk 2 hand grenade, and German weapons such as the Karabiner 98k rifle, Gewehr 43 sniper rifle, MP40 submachine gun, Sturmgewehr 44 assault rifle, Mauser C96 pistol, Panzerschreck, and Steilhandgranate. Grenades can be kicked away, and if one explodes too close, the player experiences blurred vision and shellshock. Airborne uses a weapon upgrade system, whereby the player is awarded with add-ons to their selected weapon as they become proficient with it. The player receives commendations for special achievements in the field of battle, such as a "Marksman" award for gaining a large number of kills, and a "Sniper" award for proficiency with a sniper rifle, and with them come the weapon upgrades. This feature is based on the idea that not every weapon in World War II was the same as every other one, soldiers had a wide variety of field modifications and upgrades that they could apply to them. Each weapon in the game has three upgrades, for example, the Thompson SMG can have a forward pistol grip added which stabilizes the weapon, then a Cutts compensator can be put on which ejects the muzzle gas upwards, largely eliminating muzzle rise, and finally a larger magazine is available bringing the amount of bullets per clip from 30 to 50. A notification appears each time a headshot is performed, the player gains a number of kills in rapid succession, or performs a melee kill, all of which earns the player reward points. In multiplayer mode, players have the ability of a second primary weapon, picked up from a dead teammate or enemy player.
Multiplayer

Taken from Wikipedia:

Quote:
Airborne features a multiplayer mode for online play. Users can play as either the Allies or the Axis on six multiplayer maps, three of which have been adapted from the single player aspect of the game: Operation Husky, Operation Avalanche, and Operation Neptune. The remaining three maps are all adaptations of multiplayer maps from a previous Medal of Honor title, Allied Assault. While the basic design and layout of the maps are the same, they have been extended to make them larger, and new routes or points of access have been made to further balance the two teams. These maps are Destroyed Village, Remagen and The Hunt. Currently there are three gamemodes in Airborne. The first is "airborne teammatch" where the Axis must defend against the Allies who are dropping in from the sky. The second is "regular teammatch", in which the Allies spawn on the ground instead of jumping from a C-47. In both teammatch modes, the side that gains the most kills after a specified time or frag limit wins. The third gametype is an objective-based mode where players must capture three neutral flags, similar to the main gamemode of Battlefield 2. The middle flag requires two soldiers to be near it, in order to capture it. The winning team is the one who manages to control the most flags the longest, after a set period of time. There has been some criticism in the MOH community for the lack of a classic non-respawning "objective" gametype, of which many clans and competitive ladders of Allied Assault are based around. While EA has not commented specifically on this gametype, it has been said that all concerns within the community are noticed and those issues will be dealt with as of the game's release or with a patch. Registration of an EA account is required in order to play online. Server admins will have the ability to set their servers as ranked or unranked, however at release only unranked will be available. The maximum number of players per server is 12 for the Xbox 360 and for PC listen servers, for dedicated servers the number is expected to be much higher, however has not yet been determined. More maps and gametypes have been slated for addition via downloadable content, although a date is unknown.
AI awareness

Taken from Wkipedia:

Quote:
Because of the non-linear gameplay style of Airborne, the developers had to build an entirely new artificial intelligence system to deal with the many ways the player can interact with or approach the computer-controlled allied and enemy soldiers (NPCs), and for them to react to the situation accordingly. With "Affordance A.I.", the characters have an awareness of enemy approach patterns, and also features of the terrain and urban infrastructure that provide a tactical advantage, such as cover, high ground and open doorways. This allows AI characters to take intelligent combat actions based on their surroundings, as opposed to the scripted movements of previous linear FPS games. Another break from FPS conventions is that Airborne does not respawn an infinite number of enemies, allowing the player to clear out and hold a position to stop enemies from appearing. However this can also work as a disadvantage, as failure to keep hold of an area due to limited backup or idleness can give enemy soldiers a chance to reclaim their previous position, nullifying the progress the player has made. Airborne uses two systems to guide the physical and emotional reactions of the AI characters to what is happening around them. "E-cap" (emotion capture) is used to create more human-like emotions on the characters' faces by blending textures to give the appearance of facial expressions, wrinkles and tension. A "procedural awareness system" gives every character an emotional state such as defensive, nervous, hysterical, etc, and also an awareness of their surroundings and other NPCs, for example an AI soldier that started to move forward would jump back for cover if an ally next to them was shot.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion, not to shabby....

JIM

mr chris
08-30-07, 12:34 PM
Just tryed to play my Downloaded demo and it runs fine right up till the mission loading screen then the screens goes black.:cry:
Thought the might be a problem wih my Graphics card its a Nvida BFG 8800 GTX 640mgb.
Anyone have any ideas?

FAdmiral
08-30-07, 03:49 PM
Check these specs and see if you are low in any area:

================================================== ========
System Requirements
================================================== ========
REQUIRED SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS:
• OS: Windows XP (SP2), Windows Vista (32-bit; 64-bit versions of
Windows Vista are not supported)
• CPU (Single Core): Intel P4 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 2800+ for
Windows XP / Intel P4 3.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 3800+ for Windows
Vista
• RAM: 1 GB for Windows XP / 1 GB for Windows Vista
• Hard Drive: 9 GB or more of free space
• Note: 64 bit versions of Windows are not supported
• Video: DirectX 9.0c, NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT, ATI Radeon
X1300 Pro, or better with Shader 3.0 support for Windows XP or
Vista (Note: NVIDIA 6800XT, 6800LE, 7100GS, 7200GS, 7200LE,
7300GS, 7300GT cards not supported). NOTE: NVIDIA SLI and ATI Crossfire modes are not supported
in Medal of Honor Airborne Demo.
• Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card (Note: For Creative
Sound Blaster Audigy cards running under Windows Vista you should expect
lower performance)
==================================================

I run it just fine with my 7600 GT so its not your card. Must be something else.

JIM

Weigh-Man
08-31-07, 08:06 AM
The demo is out, but you better have one hell of a powerfull system.

It runs like crap on mine - P4 3.2ghz, 2gb ram, 7800GSOC

mr chris
08-31-07, 08:08 AM
Hmm i meet or exceed every one of those requiments. Very odd why it wont work.

FAdmiral
08-31-07, 02:09 PM
Are you running the 64-bit windows? It is NOT supported if you are.
If thats not it, check your sound card and its drivers. May be time to
upgrade the drivers...

JIM

PS. I have seen demos run rough but the final game was OK

flintlock
09-02-07, 12:43 PM
I've had fun playing through the MoH:A demo (a few times). I'll be picking this up next week for sure. I'm actually surprised at how many good titles are being released for the PC lately (including upcoming releases).

Good time to be a gamer.

Swede
09-04-07, 11:02 PM
Ive been a fan of the series for a long time, but airborne dissapointed me alot. Enemies keep spawning untill you take an objective, when you die you just respawn in your airplane and jump again.

Its got all the bad parts from a multiplayer game and none of the good parts. To anyone wanting to buy it, try the demo first and see what i mean.

FAdmiral
09-05-07, 12:43 PM
What are they trying to tell us here:

http://planetmedalofhonor.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=141781

They are NOT ready for MP yet with this game???

JIM

flintlock
09-06-07, 02:27 PM
They are NOT ready for MP yet with this game???

The port from the console to the PC messed the MP piece up for the PC. There is no dedicated server support out of the box, so everyone is at the mercy of little Billy's PC and all the other fun stuff inherent with listen servers.

Fret not, for EA have promised us dedicated servers out of the box at launch. Excellent right? Well, no not really. It turns out they then retracted this statement but promised a patch to rectify this on day one of launch instead. Great news ... oh, but wait, that day has come and gone. Hm, well that's OK as they have a new promise, and one which they promise to keep this time, honest!

[Insert drumroll here]

The latest EA promise is a patch to rectify this and other bugs the week of Sept 17th (most are hopeful they mean 2007).

Perhaps I shouldn't sound so cynical, but fiascos like this really make me wonder who the heck is at the helm on this project over at EA. I realize the PC platform develpment typically takes a back seat to consoles when there's a multi-platform release, but c'mon.

--

FAdmiral
09-07-07, 03:11 PM
I just bought this game & played it a few times now. My first thought
is I don't like it but I am comparing it to COD which is about 4 years old
and patched, modded and refined during all that time into what we play
today. So my second thought is that it WILL get better with all the
patches, modding amd refinement that it will do in the future days, weeks, months and years of its life.
So to trash the game upon playing it right from the box is sorta silly. It's just a baby now, lets wait & see how it grows up...

JIM

Dowly
09-07-07, 03:27 PM
I just bought this game & played it a few times now. My first thought
is I don't like it but I am comparing it to COD which is about 4 years old
and patched, modded and refined during all that time into what we play
today. So my second thought is that it WILL get better with all the
patches, modding amd refinement that it will do in the future days, weeks, months and years of its life.
So to trash the game upon playing it right from the box is sorta silly. It's just a baby now, lets wait & see how it grows up...

JIM
I agree.

Let's just hope one can mod the game. :hmm: I played it for 5min and immediatly quit and made my first mod for it; War is Hell 0.5, all guns kill with one shot, same goes for AI vs. you. Also, made the guns less 'powerfull', the dead occasionally flew 5m to the wall when you shot them, I changed some settings and I think I got rid of that. And lastly got rid of the stupid Springfield's tracer. :nope:

flintlock
09-07-07, 10:26 PM
It's just a baby now, lets wait & see how it grows up...
As long as I'm not the one changing the diapers along the way, I'm fine with that.

Dowly
09-10-07, 04:06 AM
Let me rephrase that. "It's just a baby now, with an attitude problem..."

After Medal of Honor: Allied Assault & the popularity of the CoD series, I was 100% sure that EA would have wanted the MoH: Airborne to wipe tables with them and be the king of WWII shooters.

Well.. I was wrong. :-? The 4 or so first levels are fine, it really feels like CoD or something like that. Then, you encounter bunch of SS-Terminators, with gas masks, black uniforms, bulletproof vests and MG34 in their hand that they seem to have no problem shooting standing up holding it in hand. Did I meantion that even with my 5x more powerfull weapons mod it takes ½ a drum clip from Thompson IN THE HEAD to kill it?

Good job EA, that was my 4th disappointment this year... (CnC: 3, SHIV, MoH:A & BioShock)

HunterICX
09-10-07, 04:47 AM

After Medal of Honor: Allied Assault & the popularity of the CoD series, I was 100% sure that EA would have wanted the MoH: Airborne to wipe tables with them and be the king of WWII shooters.

:rotfl: Dowly, have you been sleeping?

lets point out some facts

MOH:AA the best game of the franchise!, it was new, it contained a stable multiplayer and gave me lots of fun till today. I still play it from time to time with some of my friends.

MOH:AA spearhead....now thats an expansion you can flush throught the toillet anyday...what a mess. Played the campaign once it was very boring, multiplayer was buggy.

after buying Spearhead a sledgehammer slammed me head remembering do not buy MOH: Breakthrought...and I didnt I went to Call of Duty and its expansion which also gave me lots of hours of fun and played it for years.
now when MOH: Pacific assault came out, I wanted to give MOH another chance. the campaign was very nice but easy even on realistic settings of the game. a bit weird thought that I had to shot a IJN soldier twice in the head with a rifle to kill it...but ok...the Multiplayer of Pacific Assault I can recall it as one of the most screwed up multiplayer ever.

the MP of Pacific assault does not feel right..
1st of all the characters move around the map as if it they where floating above the ground. hard to hit with a rifle or sniper as they moved so darn unrealistic too fast too light. the only way to kill the enemy soldiers was to take the thomspon and just keep spraying and hoping you hit him

now when Airborn was announced I didnt even border to watch too much screenshots or read too much about it. I knew it was going to be a another screw up.

the MOH screw ups after Allied assault also kept me from buying COD 2 & 3 as I was expecting the same results.
if the game comes with a sequel, think twice and dont start drooling before you actually played it...expecting too much will lead into a mayor dissapointment.

its very rare that a sequel can actually outbest the first of its title.

my 2 cents
HunterICX

Dowly
09-10-07, 05:00 AM

:rotfl: Dowly, have you been sleeping?

lets point out some facts

MOH:AA the best game of the franchise!, it was new, it contained a stable multiplayer and gave me lots of fun till today. I still play it from time to time with some of my friends.

MOH:AA spearhead....now thats an expansion you can flush throught the toillet anyday...what a mess. Played the campaign once it was very boring, multiplayer was buggy.

after buying Spearhead a sledgehammer slammed me head remembering do not buy MOH: Breakthrought...and I didnt I went to Call of Duty and its expansion which also gave me lots of hours of fun and played it for years.
now when MOH: Pacific assault came out, I wanted to give MOH another chance. the campaign was very nice but easy even on realistic settings of the game. a bit weird thought that I had to shot a IJN soldier twice in the head with a rifle to kill it...but ok...the Multiplayer of Pacific Assault I can recall it as one of the most screwed up multiplayer ever.

the MP of Pacific assault does not feel right..
1st of all the characters move around the map as if it they where floating above the ground. hard to hit with a rifle or sniper as they moved so darn unrealistic too fast too light. the only way to kill the enemy soldiers was to take the thomspon and just keep spraying and hoping you hit him

now when Airborn was announced I didnt even border to watch too much screenshots or read too much about it. I knew it was going to be a another screw up.

the MOH screw ups after Allied assault also kept me from buying COD 2 & 3 as I was expecting the same results.
if the game comes with a sequel, think twice and dont start drooling before you actually played it...expecting too much will lead into a mayor dissapointment.

its very rare that a sequel can actually outbest the first of its title.

my 2 cents
HunterICX
CoD 2 was better than CoD 1. ;)

But yeh, I know what you mean with the MoH expansions. But, they all were more or less historic, with virtually none 'Wolfenstein' stuff in them. They sticked to the war, but Airborne is just a big pile of Wolfensteinish poopoo. And there also seems to be alot less scripted events/special events during the missions. :-?

Oh yeh, and there's few stupid things more I dont like.. no I hate them I HATE THEEEMM!! YOU HEAR ME EA!!!???

- Most of the missions, you jump literally in the middle of the enemy, yet the player has to take off his parachute before he can shoot. This takes about 3-4 seconds, which is a long time if there's a Kraut standing next to you. Feck the parachute! Take out your gun and spray to poohead!

- The skill jump locations. There's 5 skill jump locations in each map, you have to land on all of them to "earn your wings". Well, the trouble is that if you want to jump again, you have to die first for the game to respawn you to the sky. And you can only get one medal by not dying on the mission.

JCWolf
09-12-07, 06:15 AM
just ordered my copy 5 days ago and still wayting for it,
since I bought it from an online store in UK cause I wanted
the game in English, here in Spain they doble voice and text, not funny
to ear Guys from American Airborne talking in Spanish...

So got to wayt..

But I have a gift for you guys!
Follow me Guys into this link:

http://www.machinima.com/film/view&id=23350

jumpy
09-12-07, 06:20 AM
It's just a baby now, lets wait & see how it grows up...

A baby with multiplayer downs syndrome. :damn:

FAdmiral
09-15-07, 12:43 PM
A Gamespy review of this game:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/medal-of-honor-airborne/820348p1.html

JIM

FAdmiral
10-08-07, 06:09 PM
Patch 1.1 is out and it does fix a number of things wrong with this game.

JIM

JCWolf
10-09-07, 08:16 AM
Patch 1.1 is out and it does fix a number of things wrong with this game.

JIM

Just installed it yesterday...

I do like this game a lot, great ambience and perfect untill now!

however is rather short in the number of missions!

An expansion should be the target I guess!:hmm: :up:

stabiz
10-09-07, 08:33 AM
I think this game is REALLY bad. Arcade shooters all over the place, but what else is new?:nope:

Dowly
10-09-07, 08:35 AM
I think this game is REALLY bad. Arcade shooters all over the place, but what else is new?:nope:

:yep: IMO, the worst of the series.

Venatore
11-19-07, 04:36 AM
I'm really thinking of buy this game, I've read everyones comments thus far, I was just wondering if I can more current thoughts ?

Detritus
11-19-07, 09:06 AM
:yep: IMO, the worst of the series. Ditto. I played the demo and thought it really can't be this infantile, it's jut a bad demo and bought the game. Big mistake. I actually threw it in the bin.

Venatore
11-20-07, 10:23 PM
Sorry to be a pain in the arse, but can the members who own a copy of this game or owned a copy (threw it in the bin), can you please tell me what were the problems with it (detailed if you can).

On the other hand are there any members who rate this game and why.

The reason is two fold (for me);

1st; I'm in the Australian Army (Infantry) and what I have seen of this game it looks really good,

2nd; I'm considering buy it but, at $89.oo AUS, I'm doing my home work.

Thanks.

Venatore
11-23-07, 07:48 PM
? anyone ? :hmm:

FAdmiral
11-23-07, 10:32 PM
I bought the game hoping it was better than the last ones. Well almost but not
quite. It has some issues with playability but could, if fixed right, be a very
strong contender in the WW2 FPS gaming market. But as it is, most players will
compare it to COD which it falls short (WW2 only, COD4 is worse). In time, I hope
the patches and mods (if they respond) will make it the game eveyone was hoping
for...

JIM

Ducimus
06-23-11, 09:25 AM
I know not everyone thinks highly of this game, but right now, i find it a breath of fresh air because it is everything COD isn't.

I am sick and tired of:

- riding a rail
- Infinate respawning enemies forcing you to move forward if you want to finish the level.
- Grenade spam to keep you from taking cover too long, forcing you to move forward or die.
- Hyper fast tempo on the gameplay. The entire COD series after COD2 needs to calm the **** down!
- Overly scripted BS with little replay value.

etc etc etc.

This old game here, is a gem, and it's fun. Despite the wolfensteinian panzerschreck dudes.

Krauter
06-23-11, 03:25 PM
I know not everyone thinks highly of this game, but right now, i find it a breath of fresh air because it is everything COD isn't.

I am sick and tired of:

- riding a rail
- Infinate respawning enemies forcing you to move forward if you want to finish the level.
- Grenade spam to keep you from taking cover too long, forcing you to move forward or die.
- Hyper fast tempo on the gameplay. The entire COD series after COD2 needs to calm the **** down!
- Overly scripted BS with little replay value.

etc etc etc.

This old game here, is a gem, and it's fun. Despite the wolfensteinian panzerschreck dudes.

To be honest, I was excited when I came home from university so I could play Cod:BO but after a few hours (literally 3-4 hours) I was so tired I didn't touch it for the 2 months I was home..

However I own this game for PS2 and I can honestly say I pick it up frequently when I'm bored of Cod or any other FPS and rather enjoy it.

Cheers!

Krauter

andy_311
06-23-11, 05:14 PM
the game is a farese especilly in the last 3 missions in the campaign butlike all early games like this the AI are more a hinderence than anything in Market garden they can't clear a building without huiman intervention.
I got my wings for all missions so i can land anywhere i wish,it's just a pity this game did'nt go further,i know they made other games but i thought they were all crap,apart from Tier 1 which i also enjoy pitythey nerthed the sniper rifle though.

Ducimus
06-24-11, 12:37 PM
There's one thing that makes me think highly of this game. And it's more of a sad statement of todays game developers.

Here is this games BIGGEST draw in two illustrations of the same point.

1.)
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9260/mapcd.png

2.)
Start anywhere (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfHZL0_NHIw)

Im tired of railshooters.

Biggles
06-24-11, 01:02 PM
Well now, you can't land at any place of the area, and the last part of the mission is always down a scritped path. This is however, a very underrated game :yep: