PDA

View Full Version : Who has been banned?

Linton
10-29-06, 03:47 PM
Who has been banned/retired from subsim?I ask because I have just seen a few posts from a member who I thought had been excluded.

HunterICX
10-29-06, 08:02 PM
:hmm: I think u should PM one of the Mods/Admin about this.

Gizzmoe
10-29-06, 11:20 PM
:hmm: I think u should PM one of the Mods/Admin about this.

Yep...

Linton
11-10-06, 04:56 AM
when a member has been suspended or banned would the moderators publically announce it please-plus what they have been accused of.

The Noob
11-10-06, 05:04 AM
That could lead to long-term Discussions about the moderators/admins acts. Every singe one. An announcement? Yes. An open thread? No.

TteFAboB
11-10-06, 05:28 AM
It's because Linton is a pilot.

He's used to listening to background ATC jibber-jabber and creating a mental picture of the entire situation around him from the chatter of the other pilots with the ATC.

L-1954, landing clearance request denied, go around. Contact Gizzmoe center at 666.62.

Onkel Neal
11-10-06, 08:14 AM
Keelhauled (Banned forever)
CarismaXL - Unauthorized use of GWX files
canimo - Posting illegal software links
Cdre Gibs - unable to play well with others
donots76 - Unauthorized use of GWX files
Kurushio - unable to play well with others
midshipsnake - unable to play well with others
SubSerpent - unable to play well with others

In the Brig (temp. suspension)
_Seth_ - repeated posting illegal software links

DanCanovas
11-10-06, 08:53 AM
DanCanovas- Killed too many merchant seamen during the war

Linton
11-10-06, 09:43 AM
I requested this as some times I can get to look at this forum a couple of times a day and other times I might be sitting in the middle of the Indian Ocean trying to get on line with a dial up at a cost of $1/min.At least I now know what you are all talking about!

HunterICX
11-10-06, 11:05 AM
:D the Brig avatar is I think the only one you can get without paying Subsim:up:

Just be a real pain in the ass for the Mods and voila .
but you cant post anymore...so it has its con side :hmm:

Oberon
11-13-06, 01:23 AM
Don't forget Kraut and Akula971! :|\\

P_Funk
11-20-06, 03:41 AM
Really sucks that some people get denied subsim. Stupid really too. I can never understand it when they're not 12 year olds too.

Konovalov
11-20-06, 07:15 AM

Now that was a long time ago. :lol:

Kapitan_Phillips
11-22-06, 03:23 AM
How do you mean "Unauthorised use of GWX files?"

HunterICX
11-22-06, 05:43 AM

I can answer that:

1. Sharing the GWX files with other without the Leaders of the Dev Team's aproval.
2. uploading a GWX file and claim the credits for it, when thats a big lie. for example Donuts claimed that he created the interior submarine decorations or somthing like that, but the OFFICIAL creator of that small mod was Boris, Lehmann banned him out of the GW team and also he got banned from Subsim.com for that.

Kapitan_Phillips
01-06-07, 04:05 PM

I can answer that:

1. Sharing the GWX files with other without the Leaders of the Dev Team's aproval.
2. uploading a GWX file and claim the credits for it, when thats a big lie. for example Donuts claimed that he created the interior submarine decorations or somthing like that, but the OFFICIAL creator of that small mod was Boris, Lehmann banned him out of the GW team and also he got banned from Subsim.com for that.

There's a word for this. Umm.. Owned? :arrgh!:

Torpex752
01-09-07, 10:52 PM
I'm not! :D

Frank
:cool:

Takeda Shingen
01-10-07, 05:41 PM

Frank

Welcome to SubSim, Torpex. Neal neglected to mention that Frank Kulick was also banned for failing to find anything funny about T-V torpedoes.

Subsim Monitor
01-10-07, 08:28 PM
Wow, is that Frank? Man, we've been keeping an eye out for you.

GSpector
01-11-07, 01:18 AM
Gee, I was surprised to see the Banned list, then I saw _Seth_ on the list just after seeing this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nJB0kTj75E&mode=related&search=

I was tempted to say GREAT JOB but then when I came across the list and saw that He was in the Brig, I was not sure if I should.

I still think it was a great video and I can only guess it was because of the work he did on the video that probably saved him from getting banned.

danlisa
01-11-07, 03:26 AM
I can only guess it was because of the work he did on the video that probably saved him from getting banned.

If only it was that easy.:D There is no way that a member could make an excellent video and just be reinstated from being banned/suspended.

There were probably 2 things which helped _Seth_, first was the Save _Seth_ thread where many other members campaigned for his release. I doubt this would have had much impact on the Mods decisions.

Secondly, there was a very apologetic post put up by way of Dowly's forum where _Seth_ said what he needed to. In conjuction with this I'm sure there was a lot going on behind the scenes that we were not privy to.

_Seth_ is now, of course, back with us and the list has not been updated.

GSpector
01-11-07, 04:24 AM
Well thank you for the quick update.

Since he is back with the pack (Pun intended:roll: ), I would like to say that the video was very well done and a pleasure to see.

Torpex752
01-11-07, 06:54 AM

Frank

Welcome to SubSim, Torpex. Neal neglected to mention that Frank Kulick was also banned for failing to find anything funny about T-V torpedoes.

Thanks Mr Shingen, its an awefully swell site that Neal Has here!!

Frank:cool:

Torpex752
01-11-07, 06:57 AM
Wow, is that Frank? Man, we've been keeping an eye out for you.

Hi Neal! :D Ya thought I was lost on patrol yes? LOL Well Just ship wrecked on an island for a while...a tramp steamer found me and I made it home!

Egan
01-11-07, 12:56 PM

Oh wow, that's going back......

I always thought they should have been made into mascots or pets or something.

waste gate
01-11-07, 12:58 PM
I've been locked out twice. At least I know someone is paying attention.:D

Takeda Shingen
01-11-07, 04:59 PM
Thanks Mr Shingen, its an awefully swell site that Neal Has here!!

Gee-willikers, it's super-swell! Now let's go have some Kool-Aid.

Nice seeing you again Frank.

Torpex752
01-12-07, 06:44 AM
:lol: Kool aid......well aside from that...hehehe Its good to be around again.

Frank :cool:

Kapitan_Phillips
01-12-07, 11:15 AM

What happened with those guys?

The Noob
01-12-07, 11:56 AM
Umm.. Owned? :arrgh!:
owned.. loool every1 knows thats 1337sp3ll3d Pwned! :lol:

Egan
01-12-07, 02:01 PM

What happened with those guys?

Good old bans for being prats as far as I can remember. I also recall there was some debate as to whether or not they were the same person.

Here is a good example of what the were like:

Hey I know this does not deal with anything at all, but fraps rhymes with craps........ahahahahah..............i'm a moron.

They also didn't seem to like AdamWarren very much...no idea why. You should have a look through the archives if you have a spare few minutes (you should look through the archives anyway - there is some great stuff in there from long, long ago..)

elite_hunter_sh3
01-21-07, 03:40 PM
I can only guess it was because of the work he did on the video that probably saved him from getting banned.
If only it was that easy.:D There is no way that a member could make an excellent video and just be reinstated from being banned/suspended.

There were probably 2 things which helped _Seth_, first was the Save _Seth_ thread where many other members campaigned for his release. I doubt this would have had much impact on the Mods decisions.

Secondly, there was a very apologetic post put up by way of Dowly's forum where _Seth_ said what he needed to. In conjuction with this I'm sure there was a lot going on behind the scenes that we were not privy to.

_Seth_ is now, of course, back with us and the list has not been updated.
where is that thread i wanna read it :p

Gizzmoe
01-22-07, 03:01 AM
where is that thread i wanna read it :p

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=100573

GlobalExplorer
03-10-08, 05:33 PM
I just found out that banned users post's get deleted after a time - just like they never existed. Is this intentionally?

I was looking for the posts of one particular user and he has contributed a lot, no matter what later incidents led to his eviction from subsim.

FIREWALL
03-25-09, 10:55 PM
Who cares. I have better things to do than see who was brigged or keelhauled.

Kapitan_Phillips
03-26-09, 03:37 AM
Then why bump this over a year old thread?:doh:

FIREWALL
03-26-09, 02:27 PM
Because I thought it was current in the forum it was in. :O:

Red Heat
08-10-09, 08:39 AM
Gee, I was surprised to see the Banned list, then I saw _Seth_ on the list just after seeing this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nJB0kTj75E&mode=related&search=

I was tempted to say GREAT JOB but then when I came across the list and saw that He was in the Brig, I was not sure if I should.

I still think it was a great video and I can only guess it was because of the work he did on the video that probably saved him from getting banned.

I didnt know about Seth...
But the video its outstanding and the music its suberb, great job... :yeah:

GSpector
08-10-09, 08:56 AM
Gee, it must still be a great Video if people are still talking about it, after a year.

Of course, Seth did great work.:salute: